So, this supposed update everyone is talking about.. it's going to be a newer version than the 4.7.0.65 that I am running now? ...

and.. since I am a Mac user, the OTA is a wonderful feature I may add.

For those like me, if you go into your options > advanced options, there was no Wireless Upgrade option...

Following SKYYS' instructions, I did this...

Options > advanced options > service book

Highlight "Provisioning [OTASL]", press the menu key and hit delete and confirm when it asks. Then immediately press the menu key again and press undelete.

I did this once and under advanced options, Wireless Upgrade should appear at the bottom.
    11-24-08 05:06 AM
    you may have to do it up to 3 times. also may have to back up out of the options screen and go back in.
    11-24-08 05:10 AM
    thanks, this worked for me
    11-24-08 05:21 AM
    I've tried this several times, yesterday and today, and it won't work...

Could it be because I'm on UK Vodafone ??
    11-24-08 05:25 AM
    you may have to do it up to 3 times. also may have to back up out of the options screen and go back in.

I did it twice with no results, three times with no results and then finally I did it five times in a row and the wireless upgrade option finally showed up. I guess it just depends on the device.
    11-24-08 05:27 AM
    As I can't get this working, can someone tell me where I can find out/download the OS Update from please ?
    11-24-08 06:16 AM
    I think he's talking about the wireless upgrade option not the upgrade itself

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 06:39 AM
    Yeah, if there is a wireless upgrade then there must be a site to download the same upgrade, then apply, surely ?
    Last edited by LuckyLuke; 11-24-08 at 06:57 AM.
    11-24-08 06:50 AM
    So, this supposed update everyone is talking about.. it's going to be a newer version than the 4.7.0.65 that I am running now? ...

and.. since I am a Mac user, the OTA is a wonderful feature I may add.

For those like me, if you go into your options > advanced options, there was no Wireless Upgrade option...

Following SKYYS' instructions, I did this...

Options > advanced options > service book

Highlight "Provisioning [OTASL]", press the menu key and hit delete and confirm when it asks. Then immediately press the menu key again and press undelete.

I did this once and under advanced options, Wireless Upgrade should appear at the bottom.

You might also try logging into your BIS page through verizon and send service books from there. That has fixed a few things for me in the past.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 06:55 AM
    Yep - tried that (thanks for mentioning tho !!)

I didn't originally think it, but perhaps it IS something to do with Vodafone ??
    11-24-08 06:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD