Have any of you Garmin Mobile users wiped your phone/upgraded to leaked OS? I understand that you can back up your 3rd party apps prior to installing the new OS, but I'm more curious about if I'll have to re-activate the Garmin software after its put back onto the device?

I purchased the software yesterday while at work and in a rush to get things accomplished and return to my other obligations, I failed to write down my activation code that was given to me on their website.

I had the code long enough to enter into the activation area of the software, I just failed to make a written backup of this information before closing the browser window and I do not see it in the purchase confirmation email that was sent to me.

If reactivation is necessary, I had better get a hold of Garmin in advance before I think about doing any OS updates...
    05-27-09 03:36 PM
    from what I understand, the code is only good for a limited time - which, more often than not, will require you to call their support to have a NEW code issued.

iirc, there are a few threads discussing this issue with little to no heartache on the customer's side (other than having to make the phone call).

I plan on purchasing the software myself here in the next day or so...
    05-27-09 03:54 PM
    I've upgraded my OS many, many times since buying Garmin Mobile and it has never asked for me to re-enter my activation code. As long as you have it backed up in 3rd party apps, you should be fine. However, you should have gotten an email confirming your purchase that has the activation code in it. Maybe you still have that email. If not, maybe you can check your email server to see if it's still there. Otherwise, I would email Garmin about it. I think it's a good thing to have. It could be required if Garmin releases a new version that you upgrade to.

Grey
    05-27-09 04:04 PM
    I have had Garmin for the past few months. I have upgraded from 075, 113, 121, 141 and 148 and a few Hybrids. I have never had to reenter my code. The authentication is done OTA. Everytime you start Garmin it authenticates. I just reload and I'm good to go. Yes I have done a few phone wipes. Hiope this helps
    05-27-09 04:05 PM
    Thanks for the info, guys.

I did a second check of the order confirmation just to make sure the activation code was not specifically listed on there. While there's nothing that actually says "Activation Code: xxxxxxx", it could still be on that email & I just don't recognize it.

I'll shoot off an email to Garmin and see what they have to say. I'm understanding now that I more than likely won't have to re-enter the code, but I'd rather not be stuck with my pants down in the odd event that I should need it (unless Garmin support specifically states that I will no longer need it).
    05-27-09 04:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD