I travel a lot as a pilot, in a different city most nights and the Weatherbug app always has trouble, and sometimes doesnt, update its location. Usually after messing with it for a few minutes it will update, but its a hassle.

Anyone else notice this or is it just my phone?
    01-13-09 10:41 AM
    Nope, same thing for me. It also seems as a bit of a hassle, I'm not sure how to get around it or if there needs to be a fix or what.
    01-13-09 12:51 PM
    What I do is after it "locates" in a particular city, I save it to "My Locations" and never have to "locate" in that city again.

Works well if you are travelling to the same places frequently. Also allows me to keep the "locating" feature turned off most of the time.
    01-13-09 01:34 PM
    What I do is after it "locates" in a particular city, I save it to "My Locations" and never have to "locate" in that city again.

Works well if you are travelling to the same places frequently. Also allows me to keep the "locating" feature turned off most of the time.
    I thought about that but I overnight in 40 different cities so it would take awhile but it might be the best way to do it
    01-13-09 01:53 PM
    I thought about that but I overnight in 40 different cities so it would take awhile but it might be the best way to do it
    That's the way I do it, but you can't do it for that many locations. I think the limit is somewhere around 10.
    01-13-09 02:21 PM
    Not that it would be worth it for weather alone, but Garmin Mobile does a great job with local weather. If you were considering it as a GPS, the weather is a nice selling point.
    01-13-09 02:41 PM
    I notice that when i do a batt pull or use soft reset on my phone and then access it automatically uses the gps for my most current location... it has automatically changed for me a couple times when o travel to houston and back but most of he time a manual request is necessary!

hope this helps!
    01-14-09 01:56 AM
    Just thought of something that may be of use to you, airjason. Have you tried out WorldMate Live? It has a weather feature that is one of the free capabilities. The weather is very generic forecasts (i.e. hi/lo temps and sunny/rain/etc), but not sure if that would be good enough for you. It also has some other features that may be of use to you.
    01-18-09 09:01 AM
    I've noticed that getting a lock in BBMaps first speeds up the locate in WeatherBug. Open BBMaps, get a lock, exit BBMaps, open WB, get a locate.
    01-18-09 11:13 AM
    I travel alot (not far but often) and when I'm in a different town I just manually update it. I have my set to NOT get a fix everytime I open it.
    01-18-09 12:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD