I use my Storm for my work e-mails that come through my work server, as well as my personal, gmail account.

On my home screen, I have 2 folders -- one for each of the e-mail addresses.

However, the gmail e-mails go into the main e-mail folder. The work e-mails go only into the main folder.

Is there any way to keep them separate? That is, I'd like to keep the gmail emails separate from the work e-mails.

Thanks!
    04-05-09 09:11 PM
    I believe your BES (work) messages will only go into thr main inbox. Your mail will go into a separate mailbox titled with your E-Mail address as well as the main inbox. Don't think you can stop the gmail from going not the main inbox.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-09 09:22 PM
    There is a command the administrator of your BES (work BB server) can run on the server to create a separate folder for work emails. The only ugly part about it is that it creates a default folder name of Desktop for work emails on every BES connected phone and will also name the work calendar Desktop. The name can then be changed per phone by connecting to DM, navigating to Email Settings, and selecting Advanced. The name can manually be changed to whatever you want from there.

I think there is also a software product you can buy for yourself called Empower that can separate them.
    04-05-09 09:46 PM
    The name can then be changed per phone by connecting to DM, navigating to Email Settings, and selecting Advanced. The name can manually be changed to whatever you want from there.
    this is the best tip i've read on here in over a month!!! i have bes through a hosted exchange account and my email icon always read "desktop." sweet
    04-06-09 12:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD