I am reading the How to wipe with JL_cmder and have a question. It says to make sure you have the os you want to install on your computer first. I am wanting to wipe and load the BBcrackman 5.1 hybrid. Do I install the 4.7.141 only on my computer before the wipe, or do I install the 4.7.141 on my computer and load the Hybrid on top of it before i do the wipe. I hope that makes since.

Thanks
    05-14-09 07:08 PM
    load the entire OS before you wipe. once you wipe the phone you wanna be able to immediately run apploader and start loading the OS.
    05-14-09 07:36 PM
    why do want to wipe? is your phone kia? there is no need to wipe when u load a os it will clean your phone all your doing is creating more work
    05-14-09 07:44 PM
    Thanks, that way makes the most since the other way it seemed like I would be doing it twice.
    05-14-09 07:44 PM
    why do want to wipe? is your phone kia? there is no need to wipe when u load a os it will clean your phone all your doing is creating more work
    I have the 5.0 hybrid installed now and was going to try the 5.1 and it said to wipe it first.
    05-14-09 07:46 PM
    I have the 5.0 hybrid installed now and was going to try the 5.1 and it said to wipe it first.
    i always wipe before i install an OS. it is a little more work and some believe unnecessary...as it may be...however its a psychological thing with me. it cant hurt.

just remember to 'back that thang up'
    05-14-09 07:57 PM
    i always wipe before i install an OS. it is a little more work and some believe unnecessary...as it may be...however its a psychological thing with me. it cant hurt.

just remember to 'back that thang up'
    I've loaded OSs by wiping them and just updating and I have experienced better results by doing a wipe......less reboots, greater memory, seems like the phone functions better all around, although it is a frigin lot more work...and even after following the guide to a "T" can not seem to successfully reload 3rd party apps after a wipe? I think my DM is jacked up?
    I believe the people that run into trouble, have weird gliches, and bricked phones are due in part from not doing a wipe.......Just my belief
    05-14-09 08:27 PM
    I have loaded os both ways and have not seen a difference.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 08:31 PM
    I have loaded os both ways and have not seen a difference.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I agree, I have not seen a difference in memory, performance or anything else.
    05-14-09 08:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD