Hi everyone. I need an opinion. I got my Storm on 11/22/08. When I got it everything worked fine. I still do LOVE this phone. But I'm having problems with it & its after my 30 day period. My problems are unresponsiveness when using it while answering calls, another menu with recently opened programs shows up while trying to get the full menu on the screen & I recently bought another headset for it because the original BB headset didn't work anymore. I tried to use the new headset but was hung up on by many friends that I called or who called me because they couldn't hear me while I was using the new headset but I could hear them clear & fine. The BB headset had a short in it (or so I though). I went back to the Verizon store to try to see what the problem was with the headset & they told me that it was something wrong with the port (or jack on the phone that the headset goes into). While trying to figure out what the problem was, they opened up a brand new headset & tested it on my Storm as well as a reps HTC Touch Pro & also another reps Motorola Krave ZN4. Needless to say, the new headset worked on both of the reps phones but it didn't work on mine. The reps then told me that it was a problem with the port & that I would have to call Tech Support to see what could be done about it. I'm trying to decide if I should try to get a replacement or if I should just keep the one that I already have. All opinions are appreciated.
    Last edited by Nephthys; 01-13-09 at 11:44 PM.
    01-13-09 11:31 PM
    IMO if you can take it back.
    01-14-09 01:01 AM
    Hi everyone. I need an opinion. I got my Storm on 11/22/08. When I got it everything worked fine. I still do LOVE this phone. But I'm having problems with it & its after my 30 day period. My problems are unresponsiveness when using it while answering calls, another menu with recently opened programs shows up while trying to get the full menu on the screen & I recently bought another headset for it because the original BB headset didn't work anymore. I tried to use the new headset but was hung up on by many friends that I called or who called me because they couldn't hear me while I was using the new headset but I could hear them clear & fine. The BB headset had a short in it (or so I though). I went back to the Verizon store to try to see what the problem was with the headset & they told me that it was something wrong with the port (or jack on the phone that the headset goes into). While trying to figure out what the problem was, they opened up a brand new headset & tested it on my Storm as well as a reps HTC Touch Pro & also another reps Motorola Krave ZN4. Needless to say, the new headset worked on both of the reps phones but it didn't work on mine. The reps then told me that it was a problem with the port & that I would have to call Tech Support to see what could be done about it. I'm trying to decide if I should try to get a replacement or if I should just keep the one that I already have. All opinions are appreciated.
    if the problem is your port there is no reason for you to keep the one you have. should get a replacement, i take it you have insurance on it which if im correct the deductable is 50$ which if you can afford a blackberry storm i take it you can afford that. it doesn't hurt to call the tech line but personally i dont have the patients for that.
    01-14-09 01:20 AM
    Get a replacement! The phone is ba even the rep said so.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-09 01:24 AM
    Thanks for the advice. I called today. My replacement will be here tomorrow. I just hope that its not a refurbished phone.
    01-14-09 05:19 PM
    refurbs are sometimes better because they are all tested and repaired new onl one out of every ten or more are tested
    01-14-09 05:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD