Hi, I cant find an answer for this in the forums.
    I am wondering if applications continue to run in the background, when i hit the back key (2nd from the right). My Storm seems slow sometimes and I was wondering if it was because of programs still running.

I was playing a game and then hit the back button to get out of it, I went back into the game later and the game appeared to be paused (brickbreaker).

Perhaps a better question would be... Is there a command or a button that can ensure that there are no applications running in the background?

Thank you for your time.
    Pierre
    02-25-09 01:36 PM
    You can hold the BB key down and a window showing the icons of the running applications will appear.
    02-25-09 01:41 PM
    It actualy depends on the app. Some apps will close by hitting the back button, with others you will need to hit the BB button and actually chose to "close" the app. An easy way to tell is by holding down the BB button and it will give you the apps that are currently running.
    02-25-09 01:42 PM
    It actualy depends on the app. Some apps will close by hitting the back button, with others you will need to hit the BB button and actually chose to "close" the app. An easy way to tell is by holding down the BB button and it will give you the apps that are currently running.
    Someone here told me that holding the BB button was just like a "shortcut" key. If that's the case, and that's what's running ... my browser NEVER closes. I always hit close when I am done, yet when I hit the BB button, it's always there ....
    02-25-09 01:44 PM
    There are % apps that always have a running component: Phone, Blackberry Messenger, Home Screen, Internet, and Mail. These are required for the device to give you the utility it does.

No need to ask why. That's just the way RIM built it. No need to say that it should be different. That's just the way RIM built it.
    02-25-09 01:51 PM
    Thank you for the info... make more sense now
    02-25-09 02:28 PM
    There are % apps that always have a running component: Phone, Blackberry Messenger, Home Screen, Internet, and Mail. These are required for the device to give you the utility it does.

No need to ask why. That's just the way RIM built it. No need to say that it should be different. That's just the way RIM built it.
    No need to say it, but I will. STUPID STUPID STUPID, RIM! That needs to be fixed!
    02-25-09 03:03 PM
    Has anyone proven those perma-run apps are REALLY running? Or does RIM provide a convenient icon for most-used apps in the app. center?
    02-25-09 03:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD