I recently upgraded to the new youmail and I can't get it out of "useless keyboard mode." I've toyed with the compatibility but I still have the keyboard and I actually have to scroll through every option with my finger. Is anyone else using the new youmail on their Storm 2 and experiencing this same problem? Any help is greatly appreciated.
    05-27-10 10:46 PM
    I had that issue with soocial... after which, I disabled compatibility mode and it still didn't work, causing me to perform a battery pull which ultimately fixed the issue.

Try a batt pull.
    05-27-10 10:50 PM
    I had that issue with soocial... after which, I disabled compatibility mode and it still didn't work, causing me to perform a battery pull which ultimately fixed the issue.

Try a batt pull.
    Resetting now...
    05-27-10 10:58 PM
    Nope. Keyboard is still there. Man this sucks. I may need to try to find the old version and replace the new one. The keyboard doesn't bother me as much as the finger scrolling. It's like my index finger is a human trackpad.
    05-27-10 11:12 PM
    I would try and delete it all together, do a couple battery pulls and reinstall it .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-10 11:17 PM
    Yeah I'll fiddle around with it some more... tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestions guys.
    05-27-10 11:29 PM
    3rd time lucky (the forum keeps trashing my response)

It sounds to me like you have somehow installed the wrong variant of the YouMail software. There are actually 3 - AppWorld is *supposed* to automagically choose the right one for your phone.

A - For OS 4.5.x
    B - For OS 4.6.x
    C - For OS 4.7.x and later

Variant C is the only one that will work properly on a Storm, as it wasn't until OS 4.7 that the touch interface was added. If you have somehow got A or B then you'll get the nasty keyboard and mini-screen effect.

YouMail support can help determine which variant you have, all you need to do is send them a log... but before you do that...

Please send an email to YouMail's BB support team (blackberry[@]youmail[.]com) explaining the issue -- THEN -- go to the main menu for the app and choose "About" and press the "Send Log" button. Please remember to include a short description about WHY you're sending the log, otherwise it may go to "file 13".

Doug
    05-28-10 01:30 AM
    I've got it working correctly now. I just deleted, reset, and reinstalled and everything is back to normal. Thanks everyone for all your help!
    05-28-10 07:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD