How is it holding up?? I've been very weary to do this to my phone. By placing an item to add as leverage I would think would eventually warp other pieces of the click screen making you add thicker and thicker paper behind the battery cover over time. My screen clicks good but it could be better.
    11-27-08 05:31 PM
    I did the mod a few days ago. My screen wasn't too bad, but the mod made the top of the phone (a key in landscape) and bottom left (by the call button) much better.

I only used a tiny bit (4 mini post-it notes thick), and I was surprised how much of a difference it made.

It's been holding up quite well. I've also started to brace the back cover with my other fingers when I type with my thumbs.
    11-27-08 05:44 PM
    How is it holding up?? I've been very weary to do this to my phone. By placing an item to add as leverage I would think would eventually warp other pieces of the click screen making you add thicker and thicker paper behind the battery cover over time. My screen clicks good but it could be better.
    It's working great so far. No apparent damage or anything on the phone. A lot of us (me included) have called 611 to order replacements (they said Monday but it may be the 8th before I get it). I'm hoping that the new one doesn't have this problem. If the new one does, back it goes and I will continue to order new ones until it is fixed....
    11-27-08 08:13 PM
    I have a cheap cardstock business card in there. This isn't going to wear anything out. It's just making the travel distance shorter between the screen and the actuator. In retrospect, maybe this is why RIM made the battery door out of metal. They could potentially ship out thicker batteries to those having the issue.
    11-27-08 10:07 PM
    Credit card cut to size worked perfect.
    11-27-08 10:20 PM
    I did it, and it makes a huge difference. Obviously, I have no idea if it will have negative effects, but I hope not.

To those who ordered replacements: Doesn't it seem like the new phones they're going to send out are probably going to be built the same as these?? I just dont think they went and completely redesigned the phone to fix this problem already. I'm weary that they will just be sending out the same exact phone with the same problems. ya know?
    11-27-08 10:29 PM
    I did it, and it makes a huge difference. Obviously, I have no idea if it will have negative effects, but I hope not.

To those who ordered replacements: Doesn't it seem like the new phones they're going to send out are probably going to be built the same as these?? I just dont think they went and completely redesigned the phone to fix this problem already. I'm weary that they will just be sending out the same exact phone with the same problems. ya know?
    I know, but I'm hoping for one of those random units that work fine - haha.

If it has the same problem I'll wait for a while, even past 30 days, and get it replaced under warranty sometime down the road when they are in stock at the verizon store.
    11-27-08 10:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD