I know i've asked alot of questions for the short time i've been on here but honestly i'm getting a better response on here than if I were to go to the vodafone store here in germany and hoping they speak english.

When I click on the keypad as if I'm going to dial out, the number one key dials to my voicemail but how come it wont let me access my code to listen to messages ? Instead it is trying to get me to leave a message.
    01-16-09 11:53 AM
    Holding in the 1 will indeed dial your VM. If it's not actually accessing your VM, look in the VM options and see what number it's dialing. It should be dialing your own number.
    01-16-09 12:10 PM
    Holding in the 1 will indeed dial your VM. If it's not actually accessing your VM, look in the VM options and see what number it's dialing. It should be dialing your own number.
    oh its my voicemail allright but how do I get in the options to where I can listen to my voicemails?? its accessing my voicemail as if I'm calling my own phone number and wanting to leave a mesage.
    01-16-09 12:13 PM
    has anybody else had this problem?
    01-18-09 04:40 AM
    Since we are on the VM topic how can I set up my VM to auto dial the password? I had it on my old phone, but forgot how to do it on my replacement. It is like Pause, Pause, then password but how do you do it?!
    01-18-09 04:47 AM
    what does the pause pause do?? whats the point in that?
    01-18-09 05:01 AM
    It will automatically put in your password when you call voice mail. It waits 5 seconds then dials it in for you.
    01-18-09 05:04 AM
    Ok nevermind it is green button> options> voicemail> enter password and then #. This will give you the three second pause then dial your password every time you dial VM.
    01-18-09 05:16 AM
    In order to get it to work properly you would probably want to enter at least two pauses before the password to allow time for the voicemail box to answer and then ask you to enter your password.

For example: *86 send or Pressing #1 from the keypad you should see the following 555-555-5555(P)(P)5555 at the same time the voicemail system is saying "Please enter your password". Not all voicemail systems require you to enter a # after the password so you should listen to the standard voicemail greeting and change your input to match it.

Also, if you are a VZW customer and you are not in a VZW area then your phone is trying to put you into your voicemail in a backdoor kind of way. Just like you would call your phone from a different one and you would hear your voicemail greeting, press # to interrupt your greeting and then enter your passcode. You could probably set up a new speed dial in order to set this up.
    01-18-09 07:18 AM
    It will automatically put in your password when you call voice mail. It waits 5 seconds then dials it in for you.
    ok yes.. it does do this but its no five second delay i'd say its about two seconds after my voicemail lady starts saying " you have reached" than it puts in my four digit password but it doesnt recognize it. it just keep talking and gives me a beep.

I konw this isnt a top priority but I'd like to be able to access my voicemail this way.
    01-18-09 11:49 AM
    I believe each pause is 2 seconds. Just add enough pauses for each entry. It may take some trial and error.
    01-18-09 11:54 AM
    ok yes.. it does do this but its no five second delay i'd say its about two seconds after my voicemail lady starts saying " you have reached" than it puts in my four digit password but it doesnt recognize it. it just keep talking and gives me a beep.

I konw this isnt a top priority but I'd like to be able to access my voicemail this way.
    and then your passcode and a # sign
    01-18-09 12:05 PM
    When I click on the keypad as if I'm going to dial out, the number one key dials to my voicemail but how come it wont let me access my code to listen to messages ? Instead it is trying to get me to leave a message.
    The mailbox is thinking that you are an outside party trying to contact you. To bypass the voicemail messaging service, stay on the line until the message starts to play. As soon as the message starts press the # key and then it will ask for your password.

I would also make sure that your phone voicemail is set to dial the vodafone voicemail box number 121.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-09 01:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD