So I just got my Storm two days ago, and I love it! It doesnt have service yet, but I had to take advantage of Best Buy's deal lol. I was just wondering if you can transfer songs, movies, pictures, and other stuff like that over on to the phone from your computer? I installed the USB drive from that CD so my phone is recognized when I connect it to my PC, but I don't know where to go from there. I don't have a "Device Manager" icon like I did with my BlackBerry Pearl. Does anybody have any advice on how to transfer files from my PC to my 9530? Anything at all would help. Thanks!
    01-27-09 07:43 PM
    Select Yes for "Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected" via Options/memory. Enabling this feature will allow you transfer files to and from your PC to and from your Storm.
    01-27-09 08:06 PM
    You should have received a CD with Device Manager 4.7....if not u can also download it from here

BlackBerry - Desktop Software - BlackBerry Desktop Software at BlackBerry.com

There is a Media Manager in DM 4.7...makes transfering media very simple & easy. If you want to transfer videos, make sure they r in the correct format....plenty of forum topics on this if u search.
    01-27-09 09:09 PM
    And when all else fails try good old drag and drop
    01-27-09 09:20 PM
    Thank you so much guys! Or girls...I'm not quite sure lol.
    01-27-09 09:20 PM
    Ok, so I'm in the desktop manager, and i'm at the screen where you have the three options. Verizon with Rhapsody, Media Manager, and BlackBerry Media Sync, and they all have "Start" buttons underneath them. The middle one is what i need and it is greyed out. lol what now? i enabled the mass media storage thing from the options tab.
    01-27-09 09:47 PM
    Ok, so I'm in the desktop manager, and i'm at the screen where you have the three options. Verizon with Rhapsody, Media Manager, and BlackBerry Media Sync, and they all have "Start" buttons underneath them. The middle one is what i need and it is greyed out. lol what now? i enabled the mass media storage thing from the options tab.
    Media Manager is also greyed out for me. You don't need the Desktop Manager software to transfer files to and from. Just go to Start /My Computer and copy the files from your computer to your Storms SD card.
    01-27-09 10:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD