Ok so we know the Storm is coming with a sim card, but can this card be used like sim cards on other carriers?

I know at times I am going to be places where I will not want to take such a nice phone. And if I were on a gsm carrier, I could just put my sim in another phone. Since this isn't an option on Verison, will it be possible to put the sim from the storm into a cheap pay as you go phone?

That way I would be able to forward my calls from verizon and still have my contacts. Or would there be a another/better way of doing this?

I suppose I could still get a cheap phone and just forward my calls and put contacts in one at a time, but I like the idea of just popping in my sim.
    11-03-08 09:30 AM
    Nope the SIM is for overseas use.....
    11-03-08 09:44 AM
    Yeah thats what the rep just told me. Basically she said its a GLobal phone,a nd the sim card cant be transmitted to other carriers.

I guess thats ONE thing a rep could tell you
    11-03-08 09:58 AM
    Yeah thats what the rep just told me. Basically she said its a GLobal phone,a nd the sim card cant be transmitted to other carriers.

I guess thats ONE thing a rep could tell you

Two things....Your current balance is ..... lol
    11-03-08 10:10 AM
    The Storm will not save contacts on that SIM card. That's not how Blackberries works by default.
    11-03-08 10:20 AM
    How do we know what countries it will work in?
    11-03-08 10:29 AM
    It will work anywhere there is coverage the sim is for overseas use only.....
    11-03-08 11:49 AM
    The Storm will not save contacts on that SIM card. That's not how Blackberries works by default.
    The Storm users manual explains how to save contact info to the SIM card. Since I am reading what appears to be a generic manual, the VZW phone could be different. See page 201, link elsewhere on the forums. I just happened to read this section last night....
    11-03-08 04:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD