So I got the Storm on opening day and I love it. After 2 weeks, back physical key on the bottom started to not work occasionally, so I went to Verizon so I could have RIM send me a new one.

Well I got the new one today, and this Storm has the screen click hardware problem, which I didn't realize it was that bad. So I'm just gonna return the replacement.

If I go to Verizon again, can they have RIM send me another one, or do they only do it one time.

And if they can send another replacement, does the original replacement have to arrive at RIM's factory first, or do they do it right away.

Thanks
    12-08-08 03:44 PM
    as many times as it takes within the 1st year. Generally after 3 warranty exchanges they offer a comparable model if you want to get away from the recurring issues you can lol. Maybe a treo? hahah- good luck with the next handset!
    12-08-08 03:49 PM
    Within 30 days, you really should be receiving a new one on the spot in you go into a store. But with inventory shortage, they probably had to ship you one. Either way, make sure it's new and not a refurb. If it came in a brown box, it's probably a refurb. It must come just like your new one did.
    12-08-08 03:51 PM
    yes, and from what I was told, the 30 day worry free guarantee starts again with the new replacement device. I was worried that asI need a replacement on my Storm, it won't get here till say just a few days until my orginal 30 was up. What CS told me is that the 30 days begins again with the new device. I had them note the account saying this and I called back after, got a different rep and they saw the note.
    12-08-08 03:54 PM
    Within 30 days, you really should be receiving a new one on the spot in you go into a store. But with inventory shortage, they probably had to ship you one. Either way, make sure it's new and not a refurb. If it came in a brown box, it's probably a refurb. It must come just like your new one did.
    This is BS. If it comes in a brown box its a replacement unit. They don't have refurbs that fast. The phones would have to be returned to RIM then serviced repackaged and then resent to VZW. Things just don't move that fast in this industry. They are new units in cheaper packaging without all the accessories. Long as you kept your accessories and manuals and such there is no need to get the full thing unless you're having battery troubles.

Its people being unreasonable like this that makes some of the VZW reps so standoffish at times.
    12-08-08 03:57 PM
    ^^^ Afraid not. I've read posts of people receiving the brown box ones and they are scratched up or fingerprinted to hades and back.
    12-08-08 04:00 PM
    Mine came in a brand new box sealed. But it had the screen click issue and theres no way in **** I'm dealing with that. I'll just get another replacement/
    12-08-08 04:05 PM
    Go until its right. I took back my wifes phone (envy2) 5 times before getting one that worked. They should be pretty good about it.
    12-08-08 04:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD