First off I am not trying to get flamed so trolls be gone!

Ok so now the question. Would there be any way that the storm could support miltitouch typing? As in I have my fingers on the screen and the storm only registers the finger I moved last. This would improve typing speed in my opinion because I wouldn't have to lift my fingers when typing. Is this a software limitation or hardware limitation? Because the storm does already support some miltitouch features.

Or maybe have a setting so that when I am typing fast if I hit a seconds key before th screen returns to original position from my first push, that the second selection will still register.
    For example when I type fast letters I have hit don't show up. sometimes the doesn't have an e or something like that. And no I don't think
    It is user error I just feel like the screen can not keep up with what I am typing.
    I came from a sidekick so the fast keyboard is really the only thing that I miss. I love just about everything else about the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-09 01:45 PM
    First off I am not trying to get flamed so trolls be gone!

Ok so now the question. Would there be any way that the storm could support miltitouch typing? As in I have my fingers on the screen and the storm only registers the finger I moved last. This would improve typing speed in my opinion because I wouldn't have to lift my fingers when typing. Is this a software limitation or hardware limitation? Because the storm does already support some miltitouch features.

Or maybe have a setting so that when I am typing fast if I hit a seconds key before th screen returns to original position from my first push, that the second selection will still register.
    For example when I type fast letters I have hit don't show up. sometimes the doesn't have an e or something like that. And no I don't think
    It is user error I just feel like the screen can not keep up with what I am typing.
    I came from a sidekick so the fast keyboard is really the only thing that I miss. I love just about everything else about the phone.

The short answer is NO. It is a virtual keyboard. That is a limitation with all virtual keyboards that I have used. The second limitation is the fact that the screen has to "click" for every letter pressed. But that is a whole different conversation.
    05-17-09 02:04 PM
    What are your settings in Options > Screen / Keyboard > Touchscreen?

Some have had improved typing by changing the tap interval, hover time, etc.
    05-17-09 02:47 PM
    The short answer is NO. It is a virtual keyboard. That is a limitation with all virtual keyboards that I have used. The second limitation is the fact that the screen has to "click" for every letter pressed. But that is a whole different conversation.
    Ok. Thanks

05-17-09 03:18 PM
    What are your settings in Options > Screen / Keyboard > Touchscreen?

Some have had improved typing by changing the tap interval, hover time, etc.
    My key rate is at medium fast and my other settings are 100,100,6. I have heard these are the best settings but I may be wrong. Any suggestions?

05-17-09 03:20 PM
    Mine are Normal 300, 100, 3 but I have seen same recommendations as you.

I don't have option for Medium Fast key rate though, Just Fast, Normal, and Slow.

What OS are you running? I am still on .75

I am not getting Multitouch, but I don't have many typing errors.
    05-17-09 03:39 PM
    Mine are Normal 300, 100, 3 but I have seen same recommendations as you.

I don't have option for Medium Fast key rate though, Just Fast, Normal, and Slow.

What OS are you running? I am still on .75

I am not getting Multitouch, but I don't have many typing errors.
    upgrading will solve a heck of a lot more problems than just easier typing.
    Typing in a browser was like stabbing myself with a rusty nail each time I pressed a letter with .75, but now with .132/5.0 It only feels like a clean nail.
    05-17-09 04:04 PM
    Ya you should upgrade. I have lyrics hybrid with the 5.0 files. Typing is good and I can type fast but sometimes I hit the button before the screen has time to come back so it doesn't register. I also have a business card/ circle sticker fix currently on the phone to fix the click but any other suggestions to make the screen come back faster? Other than the torx screw fix

05-17-09 04:28 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion I will consider your opinions, but I don't really need to upgrade, I'm not having the issues that you described in OP (or any of the other "big issues" that people complain about in .75). My keyboard works fine, and I have posted MANY times to this very forum from my Storm without issue. I realize I may be the exception that proves the rule on this, but I'm ok waiting on an update from Big Red

Back to your issue...
    Did you have a similar screen return problem when you were running a lower software load, or before you fixed your click??

If it worked without the business card, circle dot, or torx fix, maybe that is an un-intended side effect of making it click properly for you? Maybe try "unfixing" your click and see if the screen clicks back quicker??

Again, I'm not having, nor have I ever had this exact issue, so I can't say "Do this, it worked for me." I'm just throwing out ideas to see if any of them help fix your issue.
    05-17-09 04:38 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion I will consider your opinions, but I don't really need to upgrade, I'm not having the issues that you described in OP (or any of the other "big issues" that people complain about in .75). My keyboard works fine, and I have posted MANY times to this very forum from my Storm without issue. I realize I may be the exception that proves the rule on this, but I'm ok waiting on an update from Big Red

Back to your issue...
    Did you have a similar screen return problem when you were running a lower software load, or before you fixed your click??

If it worked without the business card, circle dot, or torx fix, maybe that is an un-intended side effect of making it click properly for you? Maybe try "unfixing" your click and see if the screen clicks back quicker??

Again, I'm not having, nor have I ever had this exact issue, so I can't say "Do this, it worked for me." I'm just throwing out ideas to see if any of them help fix your issue.
    I see what you are saying, but before I did the screen click fix my phone screen returned a lot slower. I know I should just ask for a new phone from vzw but I was just hoping I could fix it with the card trick instead.

05-17-09 04:52 PM
    I agree about not wanting to return. You might get a phone with a worse screen click.

I'm sorry I am out of suggestions, unless you want to try the torx screw trick instead of the credit card / circle sticky.

Again, I haven't needed either trick yet, so I'm really just throwing out options.
    05-17-09 05:01 PM
    I agree about not wanting to return. You might get a phone with a worse screen click.

I'm sorry I am out of suggestions, unless you want to try the torx screw trick instead of the credit card / circle sticky.

Again, I haven't needed either trick yet, so I'm really just throwing out options.
    Alright. Thanks for your help

05-17-09 06:22 PM
    I'm having a major problem with my touchscreen its seems i have to press it in multiple places for things to show up and when I type in landscape mode it seems to fuzz out and freezes up its really hard to describe but its just becoming really annoying can anyone help with this. The screen also dims and i have to click it a thousand times to get it to show up and sometimes it still doesn't till after a few minutes when I press it again
    05-17-09 06:45 PM
    SmB:

Try the following &/or call carrier support:

1. Battery pull (w/device ON).

2. Full homescreen > hold down bb/menu key > display of app switcher > scroll thru to see currently running apps > click each to enter & close via menu > close/exit. Note: browser, home, messages, phone, +bb messenger if u have it, always appear.

3. Options folder > screen/keyboard > backlight timeout > set to 2min & automatically dim backlight > set to off. Start w/those & change as suits u.

4. Click & read! How 2: App Memory
    05-17-09 11:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD