Hello, slightly noob question here so brace yourself - I'm a bit curious about how it works...I've noticed on my Storm its very touchy...and sometimes its difficult to get it to go to the correct view.

Sometimes if I have the storm upright (vertical) it sometimes doesn't switch to that correct position, but if I massage or briefly touch the chrome black berry dots on the back of the battery door, it will switch to the correct orientation.

Is this normal...is that what those dots are for? sheesh...i'm so lame.
    12-21-08 09:01 PM
    Hm, I'm interested in that also. I know that those dots are not there for that, however, but I am interested in how it works. You're not lame!
    12-21-08 09:03 PM
    haha...man I feel like it... the accelerometer seems to be pretty qwerky....kind of fussy..its a bit tricky to get the orientation correct. It seems to be based on how its handled.
    12-21-08 09:05 PM
    Hello, slightly noob question here so brace yourself - I'm a bit curious about how it works...I've noticed on my Storm its very touchy...and sometimes its difficult to get it to go to the correct view.

Sometimes if I have the storm upright (vertical) it sometimes doesn't switch to that correct position, but if I massage or briefly touch the chrome black berry dots on the back of the battery door, it will switch to the correct orientation.

Is this normal...is that what those dots are for? sheesh...i'm so lame.
    It is not the acceleromter that is touchy/buggy, it is the software. The accelerometer is fine, just RIM has not got the exact settings down yet for when/how to render it 100% efficiently. They have made a huge improvement on it since release tho, and it'll only get better

For a little knowledge on the accelerometer and how it works, check this page out:
    Accelerometer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by dcoy82; 12-21-08 at 09:36 PM.
    12-21-08 09:32 PM
    yeah, it usually doesn't get stuck for me anymore but if you it does, go back to landscape and make a very exaggerated switch to portrait and it will definitely switch for you. It is kind of annoying but I am certain that this is one of the problems that will be addressed quickly!
    12-21-08 09:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD