Well recently my little sister had her phone stolen practically right in front of her so i want a little security for my phone. I was looking at simguard and was wondering if anybody is running it on their storm and if it really is helpful. But my main concern is, if my phone is stolen and the thief wipes the device before activating it, is this app then pretty much useless or can it still work if the device is wiped?

also... i was reading and it says it registers when a sim card that isnt recognized is inserted. what if the thief doesnt have a sim card and just gets it activated as is. then what will initiate the process?
    Last edited by Jcloud281; 03-14-09 at 09:46 PM.
    03-14-09 09:41 PM
    Well recently my little sister had her phone stolen practically right in front of her so i want a little security for my phone. I was looking at simguard and was wondering if anybody is running it on their storm and if it really is helpful. But my main concern is, if my phone is stolen and the thief wipes the device before activating it, is this app then pretty much useless or can it still work if the device is wiped?

also... i was reading and it says it registers when a sim card that isnt recognized is inserted. what if the thief doesnt have a sim card and just gets it activated as is. then what will initiate the process?
    If you phone gets stolen and your report it to verizon the IMIE number gets put on a blacklist. It renders the phone useless at that point.
    03-14-09 11:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD