Hi, im new here, the Storm is my first Blackberry and i've had it for one day.

I am in Australia and my provider is Vodafone.

When I installed the desktop manager and hooked up the phone to my PC it checked for updates and downloaded a ton of stuff that took about half an hour, it now says that there are no further updates available so im ASSUMING I have the upgraded OS now. (Edit: I just checked my OS in the options screen. Its v4.7.0.78, i'm not sure if thats the latest or the crap one.)

My question is about setting up email. When I go into the email setup it only gives me one option. 'I want to use a work email account with a Blackberry enterprise server'. It does not give me the option to use an internet based email or anything else.

I can access my yahoo mail through the browser and i''ve bookmarked it and it works fine but I cant set it up as my official blackberry email.

1) Should I have the other options listed like it says in the user guide?

2) If not, is there a way I can see these options by changing a setting, downloading an update etc..or do I need to talk to Vodafone?

Thanks in advance for any help, i'll probably drive you guys mad with questions over the next few days.
    Last edited by redneckoz; 12-09-08 at 02:41 AM. Reason: added important note
    12-09-08 02:34 AM
    .78 is the latest for vodaphone. not sure on the email
    do a search for setting up email
    12-09-08 03:02 AM
    It sounds like bis is not activated on your account yet. I have heard rumors that with vodafone it can take a bit for BIS to activate.. either that or you have to visit your providers bis site which I don't know the address for vodafones..

You could always call support and find out or have them help you as well..

accessing email through the browser is not what a blackberry is meant to do. You will definetly want your email set up through BIS it defeats the purpose of email on a blackberry if you don't use push
    12-09-08 03:22 AM
    Well on the Bold with Telstra, I could have up to 10 push email accounts - I hope I can get the same with Vodafone on my Storm when it arrives in a couple of days. Any Australians out there please share your experiences as a private user. Thanks.
    12-09-08 03:52 AM
    When I first activated my phone it took me a through a setup process for my email.

Look in the home screen and see if you can find an icon called Setup. In that you should find Email Settings. You have the ability to add an email account through this.
    12-09-08 04:03 AM
    I had a similar problem today and Vodafone simply hadn't activated the BIS contract. You need to make sure this is activated.

I have a separate question: I tried to use my Yahoo account as my BB account, but they told me from Vodafone that if I have a yahoo.com account, I can't use this. I need to have yahoo.gr (as I am in Greece) or Gmail or some other account. Does anyone know anything about this and can provide any help?

Thank you.
    04-07-09 01:55 PM
    I had a similar problem today and Vodafone simply hadn't activated the BIS contract. You need to make sure this is activated.

I have a separate question: I tried to use my Yahoo account as my BB account, but they told me from Vodafone that if I have a yahoo.com account, I can't use this. I need to have yahoo.gr (as I am in Greece) or Gmail or some other account. Does anyone know anything about this and can provide any help?

Thank you.
    That sounds really strange, many of my friends have activated yahoo accounts. What you might need to do is forward your Yahoo email to a different account ... Just a suggestion.
    12-08-09 01:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD