1. bassplayrr's Avatar
    About a week ago I upgraded to the Storm with VZW. My 8130 started having an issue with one of the keys sticking and because of the VIP program I qualified for an early upgrade.

    In all honesty I should have done more research before purchasing the new phone. Obviously, I wasn't happy with .75 as many weren't so I upgraded to the .141/.093 leak, which helped with most of the day-to-day issues I was having. However, in skimming the specs before the purchase I made the mistake of assuming the 1gig internal memory would be available for the OS/applications. I now know what I should have checked before I bought the phone; we're suck with just 128mb. Lack of app memory was my biggest complaint about the 8130 and I'm saddened to see the same "problem" with my new phone.

    So I have two questions really. 1- What is the likelihood that a software update could allow usage of more of the internal memory for apps, etc? Is this even feasible? I searched as much as I could on what 5.0 may bring and see a memory manager which seems like a bandaid, not a solution. Any rumor talk or anything on RIM reevaluation their onboard memory set-up?

    2- If I return the phone do I lose out on my ability to agrade for the duration of the new contract? In other words: I signed a new contract to get a deal on this phone. If I return this phone and continue to use my 8130 (while I wait for something better) am I out an unused upgrade? Anyone done something like this before and have any first hand experience?

    05-20-09 05:04 PM
  2. wentouch's Avatar
    No info on any improvements to memory or whether its capable, but I can tell you that you will get your VZ upgrade back if you return the phone.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 05:27 PM
  3. bassplayrr's Avatar
    Great, thanks, that's what I was hoping. The memory issue I don't see being resolved soon, just thought I'd ask. I'm going to keep the phone a couple more weeks "just in-case." I don't want to leave BB or VZW so I'm going to hold out as long a I can. Huge weight off my shoulders if I regain the ability to upgrade.
    05-20-09 05:34 PM