if i upgraded my device software from .75 to .148 and didnt do swap-a-radio, would i be correct in assuming that im still running the .75 radio code, or is a newer radio code bundled with the software upgrade? is there even a way for me to check? im sure there is but i have no idea how to check on which radio code is currently installed. the phone is working fine as is.... i just like to be in the know.
    05-28-09 07:49 PM
    I'm pretty sure that you're not on the .75 radio code anymore. To check, look at the platform version. It's in Options > About, next to your OS version in parenthesis.
    05-28-09 07:50 PM
    if i upgraded my device software from .75 to .148 and didnt do swap-a-radio, would i be correct in assuming that im still running the .75 radio code, or is a newer radio code bundled with the software upgrade? is there even a way for me to check? im sure there is but i have no idea how to check on which radio code is currently installed. the phone is working fine as is.... i just like to be in the know.
    The radio for that particular OS is already built in... the swap-a-radio was for people who were getting a poor radio signal with other builds, so they were using the radio from a different OS to replace the radio in the OS they were upgrading to.

If you used the straight .148 link, then you have the radio for .148.
    05-28-09 07:51 PM
    I'm pretty sure that you're not on the .75 radio code anymore. To check, look at the platform version. It's in Options > About, next to your OS version in parenthesis.
    the platform version is .181. so what does that mean?
    05-28-09 07:52 PM
    The radio for that particular OS is already built in... the swap-a-radio was for people who were getting a poor radio signal with other builds, so they were using the radio from a different OS to replace the radio in the OS they were upgrading to.

If you used the straight .148 link, then you have the radio for .148.
    ok that helps clarify things a bit. i used the nguyen link for straight .148
    no hybrid or anything else, just .148.
    05-28-09 07:54 PM
    the platform version is .181. so what does that mean?
    P4.0.0.181 Means Its running with the .148 sfi radio code
    05-28-09 10:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD