Hey there, board newbie here, have a question: I use my Storm as an alarm clock and have the charging pod, I realize I can't use the pod with my storm in a skin so I'm wondering if it's realitively easy to take the Storm out of the Otter Box? Does the membrane stick to the screen once you install it? Any input would be helpful.

Thanks,

John
    03-07-09 02:50 PM
    Its not too easy to take it out..especially if it was going to be a daily thing..the hard case is 2 pieces and then the skin over top...I love the case though...will be even better when they come out with the updated newer design...
    03-07-09 02:55 PM
    Hey thanks for the quick reply. Any idea about when they are coming out with a new design? If I buy one I'd hate to find out the next week that a newer better version was out, those things aren't cheap.
    03-07-09 03:42 PM
    Honestly I love my Otterbox! I was gonna return it right after I opened it, but gave it a few days and i'm soooooooooo glad I did.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-09 03:59 PM
    I asked otterbox the same question last night and her reply was no date yet but sometime at the end of march. What I did was bought mine on ebay with free shipping got the old one and otterbox has an email list going and will update us when they are shipping out the new one free of charge.
    03-07-09 04:13 PM
    The impact series for the Storm is supposed to be out end of March or early April. If using the dock is that important, then I would definitely wait for it.
    03-07-09 04:49 PM
    I asked otterbox the same question last night and her reply was no date yet but sometime at the end of march. What I did was bought mine on ebay with free shipping got the old one and otterbox has an email list going and will update us when they are shipping out the new one free of charge.
    I have the current otterbox defender but when they release a new updated version how do I get one for free

03-07-09 04:58 PM
    is there some place we need to sign up? I actually just got my otterbox. Was excited about having it, especially since i'm hoping to be on a motorcycle here soon.....i had a problem with texting with it. Seems i couldnt quite get the space bar to work....anyone else?

so, how do i get on the list for the "new' version?
    03-07-09 05:02 PM
    I have the current otterbox defender but when they release a new updated version how do I get one for free

is there some place we need to sign up? I actually just got my otterbox. Was excited about having it, especially since i'm hoping to be on a motorcycle here soon.....i had a problem with texting with it. Seems i couldnt quite get the space bar to work....anyone else?

so, how do i get on the list for the "new' version?
    Hey guys,

All I did was emailed otterbox customer service my "proof of purchase" and she added me to the list.
    03-07-09 08:20 PM
    Ha ha nice so when I get the defender I just won I sign up for the new one and I get 2 otterboxes free if you guys are right sweet deal for me. Sorry for all who dropped the $50 what a slap in the face eh...

03-07-09 08:46 PM
    Ha ha nice so when I get the defender I just won I sign up for the new one and I get 2 otterboxes free if you guys are right sweet deal for me. Sorry for all who dropped the $50 what a slap in the face eh...

If your free one comes with a receipt why not.

03-07-09 09:41 PM
    You may have a problem if you purchased your Otterbox on E-bay. Otterbox stated they only guarantee Units sold on their website. I may be wrong though.
    03-07-09 09:42 PM
    No I checked with Otterbox b4 I bought it. Ebay amazon what ever dosent matter as long as you have a receipt.

03-07-09 10:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD