this may be dumb, if so please forgive.

i've been reading all over the place how over the next few weeks RIM will supposedly be distributing updates for the storm. obviously, for OS updates i'd go to the verizon site and take care of it there. but, for OTA updates, here's my question - when they do this, do these updates happen to your phone automatically, or do you actually have to go somewhere to download the update. if you have to go somewhere on the phone to do it, where exactly do you go and how exactly do you do it?

another question - i havent bought my storm yet. i think id rather wait a month or two and let them work out the kinks and then purchase. as verizon continues to sell storms, when they sell them are they distributing them with the most recent OS available? for example, if verizon/RIM do an OS update and an OTA update next week on the storm, and I wait to buy the storm for a month, would my storm most likely have those updates already on them? im just confused on the supply chain and how it works.

thanks for the help!
    11-22-08 09:02 AM
    I Don't know. But I am in the same boat, I am going to wait a month or two and see if it runs better then it did in the store yesterday.
    11-22-08 09:34 AM
    Well the next shipment of Storms will have the new OS update that is why they ran out yesterday because they stopped shipments. For people that bought Storms you can go to the OTA OS update on the Storm itself and download it. As of today there is no update. But I am sure once you buy the Storm in a month it will have the updated OS.
    11-22-08 09:37 AM
    this may be dumb, if so please forgive.

i've been reading all over the place how over the next few weeks RIM will supposedly be distributing updates for the storm. obviously, for OS updates i'd go to the verizon site and take care of it there. but, for OTA updates, here's my question - when they do this, do these updates happen to your phone automatically, or do you actually have to go somewhere to download the update. if you have to go somewhere on the phone to do it, where exactly do you go and how exactly do you do it?

another question - i havent bought my storm yet. i think id rather wait a month or two and let them work out the kinks and then purchase. as verizon continues to sell storms, when they sell them are they distributing them with the most recent OS available? for example, if verizon/RIM do an OS update and an OTA update next week on the storm, and I wait to buy the storm for a month, would my storm most likely have those updates already on them? im just confused on the supply chain and how it works.

thanks for the help!
    To find the OTA's all you need to do is goto options<advanced options<Wireless Software upgrade.Only when there has been an update will it show.
    11-22-08 09:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD