ive tried researching it and cant find anything or maybe im not looking good enough but ive been having a little trouble with my storm 2's bottom buttons...i was living with it but then my son threw a rock at it and its either scratched or cracked my screen not sure but it doesnt interfere with my typing or anything but i was wondering if i could call and get a replacement phone for my buttons acting up even with the scratch or crack?
    06-24-10 12:15 PM
    but then my son threw a rock at it and its either scratched or cracked my screen...i was wondering if i could call and get a replacement phone for my buttons acting up even with the scratch or crack?
    They won't honor the warranty if it is obvious user damage (i.e. it looks like someone threw a rock at it and broke it). Manufacturers warranties are intended to cover product defects, which the sticky buttons might have been. But I doubt, unless you bought phone insurance from your carrier, you will get them to honor the warranty now.
    06-24-10 12:29 PM
    The warranty does not cover physical damage. The only way to get it replaced at a discount price is through insurance. If you have insurance, you just need to pay your deductible and a refurbished device will be sent to you.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-24-10 12:34 PM
    The warranty does not cover physical damage. The only way to get it replaced at a discount price is through insurance. If you have insurance, you just need to pay your deductible and a refurbished device will be sent to you.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    Always wondered. How come they have so many refurbs and never enough new ones?
    06-24-10 06:58 PM
    Always wondered. How come they have so many refurbs and never enough new ones?
    It's cheaper for RIM (or any consumer electronics company) to repair and refurbish a broken phone than it is to manufacture a brand new unit.
    06-25-10 08:10 AM
    So even though I'm Having problems with my phone working correctly it doesn't matter cuz after the fact I have physical damage to it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-10 05:44 PM
    So even though I'm Having problems with my phone working correctly it doesn't matter cuz after the fact I have physical damage to it

Unfortunately, yes it does, Verizon has no clue if that damage occurred after or before the physical damage. They can say that the problems you're having is due to the damage you inflicted.

Sorry, you are SOL, unless you have insurance
    06-25-10 05:54 PM
    you can always call customer service, have them send a replacement for the button issue. You have to mail in the old one, just keep your fingers crossed that they don't call BS when they receive it. Worst case, they don't accept the old one.
    06-26-10 08:57 AM
    you can always call customer service, have them send a replacement for the button issue. You have to mail in the old one, just keep your fingers crossed that they don't call BS when they receive it. Worst case, they don't accept the old one.
    Actually worst case is they charge retail price for the one they mailed to you when they realized yo sent them a damaged, not defective, unit. That's a $600 gamble I wouldn't be willing to take.

If you don't have insurance and the phone is unusable or not acceptable to you, then your next option is to scour eBay, Craigslist, or the marketplace here for a cheap used S2. Just make sure you get the ESN and a bunch of really good pictures before you buy it.

06-26-10 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD