I am just wondering if memory leaks are normal for BB's? Has this been an issue with BB's of the past? Will OS updates down the road once and for all address this issue?
    01-25-09 12:17 AM
    Another thing I noticed with memory leaks that kinda sucks is that it ends up making the Storm sluggish and the touch sensitivity of the screen is affected including the ability to type at a normal speed.

I really hope an OS update really takes care of this. In a perfect world what should happen is that memory is used when programs are running but when those programs are closed that memory should jump right back up. Battery pulls do remedy the situation and aren't all that of a big deal but hey, wishful thinking.
    01-26-09 10:28 PM
    having memory leak issues too... Im on .90 and I have removed an app (talklock) that I thought was the issue and have heard it has been the cause of leaks. I wonder if it could just be the actual device?
    01-26-09 10:34 PM
    unfortunately it is the actual device my good man. Memory seems to magically be eaten away and never bounces back.

But referring back to my original post all the way up top, I think Blackberries in general have battled this memory leak issue for quite a couple of years now, at least to my knowledge unless someone with experience can say otherwise.

And just to add my Storm is still the same with factory programs installed (running .75 from factory). I have not deleted or installed any programs ever.
    Last edited by Mr. Marco; 01-26-09 at 10:43 PM.
    01-26-09 10:40 PM
    i had the same problem when i uploaded .90 memory leaked like crazy. try this solution. back up all your files, apps. do a wipe. reinstall .90 and restore apps. voila memory leak is gone. my storm has been running solid. memory hovers from 50 to 40 now. i guess wiping your storm before installing new os is the right thing to do.
    01-26-09 10:41 PM
    I don't think TalkLock is the total culprit, I have taken it on and off with .75 and I have never noticed any real difference in leak. It happens with or without it.
    01-26-09 11:20 PM
    i had the same problem when i uploaded .90 memory leaked like crazy. try this solution. back up all your files, apps. do a wipe. reinstall .90 and restore apps. voila memory leak is gone. my storm has been running solid. memory hovers from 50 to 40 now. i guess wiping your storm before installing new os is the right thing to do.
    when you did the wipe, what program did you use to wipe it clean?
    01-26-09 11:47 PM
    I had an issue with memory and battery leaks. I got rid of Weatherbug and it's like I have a new phone. I am so freaking excited.
    01-26-09 11:51 PM
    I had an issue with memory and battery leaks. I got rid of Weatherbug and it's like I have a new phone. I am so freaking excited.
    hmmm weather bug could be it too... I have that as well....
    01-26-09 11:53 PM
    I have Weatherbug too, I like it, so I'll suffer. But I guess that could be part of it too.
    01-26-09 11:54 PM
    im going to go without weatherbug for a day and see how it goes.... i do like it oo
    01-26-09 11:57 PM
    Report back if it's better, I'd be curious to know. I live in So Cal, it's not like we have any real weather here anyway, but it's a cool app.

What OS do you have Rob?
    01-26-09 11:59 PM
    .90 and i like it but all the problems i have had with the device have been the same through out all the other OS's. I am starting to think it is the apps. Or it could just be I am trying way to hard to make this thing run like a freakin top of the line bmw
    01-27-09 12:01 AM
    I feel the same way, kinda why I've been waiting to update the OS, hoping the miracle OS is coming. But sucks that the memory leaks keep happening based on the apps, even in .90. WeatherBug isn't that intensive that it should cause so many problems if it indeed is.
    01-27-09 12:04 AM
    i will def give an update tomorrow and see how she runs without weather bug.... i live in NYC and its the time of year to have weather but I could prolly use vz navigator for that
    01-27-09 12:06 AM
    Report back if it's better, I'd be curious to know. I live in So Cal, it's not like we have any real weather here anyway, but it's a cool app.

What OS do you have Rob?
    That's why I got rid of mine, it's SoCal will it be sunny or shady? That's all the weather we get and I can just check from the interwebs.

BTW Fight On!
    01-27-09 12:07 AM
    That's why I got rid of mine, it's SoCal will it be sunny or shady? That's all the weather we get and I can just check from the interwebs.

BTW Fight On!
    HAHA your username reminded me I wanted to put an SC avatar on here. Yep class of '93 here.
    01-27-09 12:11 AM
    i will def give an update tomorrow and see how she runs without weather bug.... i live in NYC and its the time of year to have weather but I could prolly use vz navigator for that
    Uh yeah you get actual weather, especially in the winter.
    01-27-09 12:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD