I'm very happy with my storm but I have noticed that when I have it in landscape mode with the physical buttons on the right side of the phone, the left side of the screen (where the A key is particulalry) has lost its click.

I can push it down and it will input the command, but it doesn't really click, it just depresses. when I turn the phone in landscape mode the opposite way, it clicks like a dream all over. Also, the green call button seems like it's coming loose.

For now it's not a big enough problem to stop me from using the phone but I think I would like a replacement eventually. does this warrant an exchange at the Verizon store when they have more in stock? Are they pretty strict on what they will do exchanges on or since it's within the return policy, will they do it no question asked?

Thanks
    12-15-08 09:20 PM
    bump. anyone?
    12-15-08 09:44 PM
    I think they would warrant this. Have you tried putting some paper between the battery and back cover to see if this helps lift the screen?

Also are you a University of Tennessee student?
    12-15-08 09:46 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I'm gonna swing by the store tomorrow to see what they can do to help me. Like I said, I can handle the way it is for now but not forever.

I'm not a student anymore, graduated in 2007, but its just been my handle on forums for the longest time lol
    12-15-08 09:52 PM
    oh and no i haven't tried before but i'll probably just see if i can exchange it.

i can definitely tell a difference when i use it in landscape mode flipped the opposite way. i always used it with the physical buttons on the right side, so i'm having to get used to having them on the left, but it isn't hard.

Thanks again
    12-15-08 09:58 PM
    As a UT Alum I will respond and say that I would definitely exchange it within the 30 day period. A problem like that is not going to go away and I do not think any one should have to deal with a sub par product.
    12-15-08 10:05 PM
    thanks AMH820, i'm gonna swing by tomorrow and see what i can do. i doubt they will have them in stock but i'll see what i can do about having one ordered or something.
    12-15-08 10:11 PM
    You might just want to start with CS as opposed to even going by the store. Judging by the comments on this forum people are not having the much luck going to the store but that is just my 2 cents. Good luck with your Storm.
    12-15-08 10:17 PM
    You might just want to start with CS as opposed to even going by the store. Judging by the comments on this forum people are not having the much luck going to the store but that is just my 2 cents. Good luck with your Storm.
    thanks, your advice will be taken
    Last edited by utkstudent; 12-15-08 at 10:39 PM. Reason: typo
    12-15-08 10:38 PM
    I got a 30 day warranty exchange for the exact same thing. Originally I called CS, they had me take the phone to my local store, where they made note in my account that it was a hardware defect and they didn't know why I had been sent there. Had a new phone by FEDEX a week later.
    12-15-08 10:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD