okay so i currently have .109. i've had it for a week now. it's the only OS i have installed on my computer. i'm not trying to go to .114. since i've installed 109, i've plugged my storm in and opened DM a couple of times to back up my data.

well, i was just about to do that and DM says i need to upgrade my core applications. i clicked cancel and tried to back up my stuff and an error occurs each time.

so right now i have the application loader to remove a few things, and of course, next to 4.7 core applications it says Upgrade.

so, question...is this gonna make me lose everything that i don't have backed up? or is it normal and it will have the same affect on settings and texts i have saved and stuff as just loading and deleting regular apps using app loader?

and two, why is it even telling me i have an upgrade that's needed?
    03-11-09 08:00 AM
    I'm pretty sure its only recognizing that you have a beta OS and not an official release (gold code?), which would make it happy. Just ignore it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-09 08:57 AM
    well then why is it not letting me back up my data like i've done 2 or 3 times since i've had a beta OS?
    03-11-09 03:47 PM
    Did you clear your browser cache? There are lots of threads here concerning back up issues with that.

03-11-09 04:54 PM
    i had the same thing happen to me. i just did the update. as far as i can tell nothing has really been changed. i think its just a little quirk to make DM happy
    03-11-09 05:27 PM
    yep. sure did. it got further in the backup process after doing that. but now whem it shows that it's backing up clock options, it comes up with an error.
    03-11-09 05:35 PM
    i had the same thing happen to me. i just did the update. as far as i can tell nothing has really been changed. i think its just a little quirk to make DM happy
    I have been getting the update core applications since updating to .114 so right now I clicked update. I will let you know what happens once the phone reboots. I was watching the progress bar and it looked like it was something connected to media?
    03-11-09 05:36 PM
    Ok phone just rebooted no issues that I can see. Plugged it back into DM and it still has "core applications" checked as upgrade? Of course it is grayed out so I can't uncheck it. So apparently I will have to go through this "upgrade" process every time I do something through DM.... Oh well
    03-11-09 05:43 PM
    Weird bm, you shouldn't have to do that every time you hook up to DM......but I would OK the update process and see what happens since you back everything up. You back everything up, right????
    03-11-09 05:47 PM
    Weird bm, you shouldn't have to do that every time you hook up to DM......but I would OK the update process and see what happens since you back everything up. You back everything up, right????
    LOL... Backup what is that I always think of myself as going froward!

Anyway I did click ok and it updated didn't seem to harm anything but I re plugged in my phone and it wants to do it again. So it seems I will have to go through this crap every time I use DM. No biggie just a little extra time is all.
    03-11-09 05:51 PM
    I'm pretty sure its only recognizing that you have a beta OS and not an official release (gold code?), which would make it happy. Just ignore it.

Problem is you can't ignore it... It is always checked and always does it every time (for me at least). I can't uncheck it as it is grayed out.
    03-11-09 05:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD