Quite a few of my contacts have 2-3 numbers and when I go through contacts and bring them up, the numbers are so close to each other that often I end up dialing the wrong number (say Mobile instead of Office). The iPhone has lots of space between different numbers of a contact- has anybody seem anything like this for the Storm
    05-21-09 04:44 PM
    Maybe i don't understand what you're asking, but you have to highlight the number before you call it or use BB button and it gives you options to call work, mobile, home, etc. No flame intended, but not sure how you can screw that up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 07:33 PM
    Maybe i don't understand what you're asking, but you have to highlight the number before you call it or use BB button and it gives you options to call work, mobile, home, etc. No flame intended, but not sure how you can screw that up.

Unseenme brings up a good point... you don't have to highlight the numbers to call someone... you can just bring up your contact list, highlight the name of the person you want to call, press the BB/Menu button and select "Call so-and-so"... this will bring up the list of phone numbers in an easier menu to select out of. You can also go into that contact's screen, press the BB/Menu button, and the menu that comes up will give you the option of choosing which number you would like to call, which are also easy to select in that menu.
    05-21-09 07:36 PM
    Set your font to 9 or 10 and that'll help with a lot of screens. Also, when you select a name, just hit dial and then pick the number. You'll get a popup with buttons for which number to call.
    05-21-09 08:32 PM
    ..or use BB button and it gives you options to call work, mobile, home, etc.
    Nice- did not know this one. I'd usually have to hover over the number in the contact with extreme precision (Big Thumbs!) and then click it.

Just a thought but maybe it might be a good idea to have an optical pad on the new Storm like Pre or Android phones with their trackballs giving a couple of different options for navigating.
    05-22-09 01:21 AM
    Like civic said make your fonts bigger. I also made mine extra bold. I am big thumbed too. Helped me.

05-22-09 10:10 AM
    Nice- did not know this one. I'd usually have to hover over the number in the contact with extreme precision (Big Thumbs!) and then click it.
    Dido that. Its reasons like this that people give up on the phone. The more ways i find to customize it the more i love it!

05-22-09 11:01 AM
    if you hilight a contact and hit "send" you get a pop up asking you which number to call...is that what you're saying is too small?
    05-22-09 03:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD