Hello, first time poster here. I just bought the Storm 9530, and I was wondering, is there any way to change the size of the picture that displays when someone from your contacts calls you? The Storm has better picture quality than a lot of my previous cell phones, so it's kind of pointless to have this pathetic picture display when someone calls you.
    03-01-09 11:52 PM
    I agree. I've been wondering this also. Tried changing one pic to a larger one but it appears to be the same still.
    03-02-09 01:29 AM
    theres an app you can download from the crackberry app store...its like 15 bucks or somthing...havent tried it yet tho...but im hoping maybe the next OS will fix this..if OS changes these things..
    03-02-09 02:01 AM
    I think there are a few apps out there that will show a whole screen image for photo id. Pretty sure there is one that will show a video when you get a call too.
    03-02-09 10:55 AM
    Hello, first time poster here. I just bought the Storm 9530, and I was wondering, is there any way to change the size of the picture that displays when someone from your contacts calls you? The Storm has better picture quality than a lot of my previous cell phones, so it's kind of pointless to have this pathetic picture display when someone calls you.
    I agree. It would be nice to have a larger picture. Doesn't have to be full screen, but large enough to easily see who's calling! Seems like it would be pretty easy to change the OS to increase the picture size.....without having to buy a 3rd party app!
    03-02-09 11:20 AM
    My Voyager was the same way. I was beginning to think it was a Verizon thing, but it looks like this affects all 95XX on all carriers. Looks like the phone manufactures (LG and BB in this case) do this for some unexplained reason.

It's unfortunate to have a phone that has a very good resolution for pics, with a caller application that renders photos in less-than-thumbnail size.
    03-02-09 11:56 AM
    Haha, yeah, I had a Samsung SCH-i760 that did the same thing. Maybe they're afraid that a larger picture would cause lag on phone calls.
    03-03-09 11:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD