Hey everyone. First off I wanted to let you know I did an extended search on this issue and I couldnt find any information on it. I looked in the battery threads and everything so for those of you who just want to post a thread link, I most likely have already searched there. Anyways....I have had my BB for about a month and a half and haven't had this issue. I charged my phone over night last night and it said it was fully charged when I took it off the charger this morning. After not even using my phone for about 2 hours the battery was down to about 60% so I charged it up to 100% again only to have it go down to 60% after 4 hours (using the usual bbm and internet very lightly). I only have the 5 main apps running so I know I don't have any other apps open. I have not yet let my battery run all the way down yet and i know its good to do that once in a while. If anyone else is having this issue please give me some advice on what i should/shouldnt do. Thanks again in advance.

- Stiboost21.
    02-15-09 04:30 PM
    do you have any 3rd party apps?
    02-15-09 04:32 PM
    I also just started having this problem today. I upgraded to .99 the day it came out and have not had any problems with it until today. Battery always lasts me at least a full day. I usually charge it every night.

This morning I pulled it off the charger about 10am and by noon without making any phone calls, dl'ing any emails etc... it was down to around 60%....by 4pm my Storm went to low battery alarm mode.(Only 2 short calls made all day and no emails received). I notice the Send/Recieve arrow over the signal bars was going crazy at times.... indicating upload or download of information?

I tried a battery pull and am now charging the Storm, so maybe that will fix it. Like I said before, it just started happening today, so I wonder if it's a Verizon setting or change somewhere?

THe only 3rd party apps I have is google maps and the lightsaber application. Both of which have been installed for several days and not used in the last couple.

Anyone else have this issue?
    02-15-09 05:24 PM
    The only 3rd party app i have is google maps which i never use. I have the normal facebook/aim installed too, but i didn't use either at all today. I usually can leave aim on all day, bbm all day, and make a bunch of phone calls throughout the day and by the time I go to bed at night there is only 1/8 battery gone. I think i am just gonna let the battery run all the way down and then recharge it all the way because i know doing this once in a while is good for it. Let me know if anyone else has any input. thanks!
    02-15-09 06:43 PM
    I also just started having this problem today. I upgraded to .99 the day it came out and have not had any problems with it until today. Battery always lasts me at least a full day. I usually charge it every night.

This morning I pulled it off the charger about 10am and by noon without making any phone calls, dl'ing any emails etc... it was down to around 60%....by 4pm my Storm went to low battery alarm mode.(Only 2 short calls made all day and no emails received). I notice the Send/Recieve arrow over the signal bars was going crazy at times.... indicating upload or download of information?

I tried a battery pull and am now charging the Storm, so maybe that will fix it. Like I said before, it just started happening today, so I wonder if it's a Verizon setting or change somewhere?

THe only 3rd party apps I have is google maps and the lightsaber application. Both of which have been installed for several days and not used in the last couple.

Anyone else have this issue?
    Upgrade your os.

The only 3rd party app i have is google maps which i never use. I have the normal facebook/aim installed too, but i didn't use either at all today. I usually can leave aim on all day, bbm all day, and make a bunch of phone calls throughout the day and by the time I go to bed at night there is only 1/8 battery gone. I think i am just gonna let the battery run all the way down and then recharge it all the way because i know doing this once in a while is good for it. Let me know if anyone else has any input. thanks!
    Could be a battery issue. Whats your os?
    02-15-09 07:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD