noticed that i cant seem to see anyones away message when using aim. if i click on a buddy then hit buddy info, it just says away. also they all say device type as a computer when i know for sure some are using phones. is this just how it is on bb's?
    11-28-08 09:57 PM
    This isn't a storm problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-08 10:22 PM
    That's just how the AIM app works on all phones. It's very basic. I love Beejive because it displays away messages in the buddy list view and you can view full profiles as well. I just installed Instango to try it out today for the first time since Beeive isn't available for the Storm yet. While it doesn't allow you to view profiles, it does at least show as much text of away messages as can be displayed in the buddy list view. It's also much more visually appealing than the blah-looking AIM.
    11-28-08 10:47 PM
    It does that on the RIM apps, AIM, Yahoo, MSN mess. etc. Give Jivetalk a try, it gives the away messages, etc. Its a free trial for 30 days, $20 after for a device license. Well worth it.

11-28-08 10:48 PM
    It does that on the RIM apps, AIM, Yahoo, MSN mess. etc. Give Jivetalk a try, it gives the away messages, etc. Its a free trial for 30 days, $20 after for a device license. Well worth it.

Dont do it! BeeJive (aka Jivetalk) does not work on the Storm
    11-28-08 10:52 PM
    beejive will be coming out with a storm specific version in early 09.

but instango will do
    11-28-08 10:54 PM
    Sorry for the off topic post, but I figured I'd ask in here instead of posting a new thread.

Does IM'ing use txt messages or just considered data? I've heard both sides: That IM's count as data, and I've also heard that some IM's such as BBmessenger is data and some like yahoo are counted as Text's.
    11-28-08 10:57 PM
    I was told on a different thread that if you download AIM from the blackberry website, AIM messages will count as Data usage. If you download the Mobile AIM app from Verizon it will count as SMS.
    11-28-08 11:07 PM
    I was told on a different thread that if you download AIM from the blackberry website, AIM messages will count as Data usage. If you download the Mobile AIM app from Verizon it will count as SMS.
    Good to know. Thanks
    11-29-08 12:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD