I'm surprised everyone thinks .148 is the messiah. I personally think it's probably the slowest OS I've seen in a long time. I do realize that everyone's phones are different though. So my question is, the radio everyone is referring all the time, is that only reception? Or does it affect other things, like how the phone runs? Because right now my phone is slow with 48mb of free mem. It's literally 3 seconds to get the screen to rotate. If it affects accelerometer and speed, I would rather go back to .122
    05-25-09 01:51 PM
    It's not slow for me, but it's killing my battery!
    05-25-09 01:54 PM
    everyone storm is different. 148 didnt seem to do much over 141 for me really. My screen takes about 1 sec to rotate with both so no difference there. Go back to 122 if you want.
    05-25-09 01:56 PM
    everyone storm is different. 148 didnt seem to do much over 141 for me really. My screen takes about 1 sec to rotate with both so no difference there. Go back to 122 if you want.
    Ok well like I said, my question is if the radio affects those things. Because I wasn't entirely sure. So if that's the case I downloaded the swap a radio thing and I will do that.
    05-25-09 01:58 PM
    Yes it does affect those things. I feel the same as you. Since .148 my internet browsing has been slower and signal strength worse. However, my accelerometer is as fast as I have had.
    05-26-09 10:51 AM
    Ok well like I said, my question is if the radio affects those things. Because I wasn't entirely sure. So if that's the case I downloaded the swap a radio thing and I will do that.
    The radio affects the signal strength, accelerometer and color banding... 148 is by far the best for signal strength in my opinion, best since 122 on accelerometer and color is as good as anything since 90 (which was obv the best colorwise)

Yes it does affect those things. I feel the same as you. Since .148 my internet browsing has been slower and signal strength worse. However, my accelerometer is as fast as I have had.
    I have not noticed a decline in my accelerometer, and actually on the hybrid that I am running (bbcrackmans v5.1, with all 141 files swapped out to 148 + 5.0 browser) I feel the phone functions best overall of any OS I have had. Try slipping in the 5.0 browser and you will not complain about speed anymore. As for signal strength, have you hit *228 option 2 to update your roaming?
    05-26-09 10:59 AM
    If anything, my screen rotation is a bit quicker. My reception is also better than .75, but yes everyone's phone will be different
    05-26-09 11:10 AM
    The radio from .141 and .148 did not mix well with mine. .132 radio has been best for me so far. It interacts well with the java files from .148. I also still use .132 gps (bad memory leak with .141 & .148 gps) and .109 keyboard (still the only one with almost no lag). Throw in the 5.0 files an i have my own hybrid.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-09 11:46 AM
    My phone had terrible battery, slow loading, slow accelerometer, .148 just isn't for my phone that's for sure.
    05-26-09 12:51 PM
    The radio from .141 and .148 did not mix well with mine. .132 radio has been best for me so far. It interacts well with the java files from .148. I also still use .132 gps (bad memory leak with .141 & .148 gps) and .109 keyboard (still the only one with almost no lag). Throw in the 5.0 files an i have my own hybrid.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Ditto. I love making my own hybrids. Gives me more control of my berry.
    05-26-09 12:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD