I just download Qik its great but does it acutally stream live? if it does i need to re download becuase it jsut uploads the video rightafter im done with it. do i need to wait longer for the stream to start on my pc?
    04-14-09 03:45 PM
    i am wondering the same thing... new to qik... what do i do?
    04-14-09 03:54 PM
    I have been messing with it today and what I have been able to do is record a video and I'm done it uploads it straight onto the qik.com website. You can send a share email to friends to go onto the site and live chat with you once it's uploaded. It's awesome. Make sure you just sign up on the QIK WEBSITE. It makes it easier to just punch in your login and password on the program. Very nice app though.
    04-14-09 04:01 PM
    what are your permissions set as?
    Last edited by cmrcr12; 04-14-09 at 04:04 PM.
    04-14-09 04:02 PM
    what are your permissions set as?
    I don't think I had to change anything. It will always be in Portrait mode for qik. I couldn't seem to get it out of that mode. All of my permissions are set to allow and compatibility mode is disabled. You just click on the dot to start recording and when you are done just press back to go into qik again. Wait a little bit and you will see the upload progress in the top right corner of the screen.
    04-14-09 04:10 PM
    right..thats what i did, i went back to permission and set all to allow for qik
    04-14-09 04:14 PM
    right..thats what i did, i went back to permission and set all to allow for qik
    Have you got it to work for you yet? I'm still trying to figure out how to stream live... They made it sound like it could do this, but still I'm in the same boat that you are. It uploads after I'm finished recording. I wouldn't see how it would work right unless you were running on WiFi.
    04-14-09 04:18 PM
    Doesnt work. I played with it a couple weeks ago and again today with the updated version. Its not even close to a live stream. It just uploads the video you recorded to the site. A short delay would be okay, but it takes forever. I'm faster uploading a video to youtube from my phone. Pretty useless until it really becomes a live feed.
    04-14-09 04:27 PM
    true liek it will show the arrows wen i start filiming and the site on my pc it show like a pic of wha tim filming and then it loads but it wont actually show the video until right after...but they'll prob fix that somehow inthe future..sick app though. Only bad part is my battery drains liek crazy on this app
    04-14-09 04:29 PM
    i recorded 4 streams and it still says upload 0 of 4 0%.. i am using .122
    04-14-09 08:54 PM
    i recorded 4 streams and it still says upload 0 of 4 0%.. i am using .122
    My point exactly
    04-14-09 09:27 PM
    its an alpha version you guys. Its not even close to being a full app yet. You cant expect it to be absolutely perfect, or even close to it at this stage.
    04-14-09 09:33 PM
    it doesnt work, i have logged a call with qik here...

waiting there response, they seem to be quite fast replying which is a good sign.

blackberry storm cannot live stream

I also made a howto for aussie vodafone below but u can change for your settings..

QIK - stream live video to net. - BlackBerry Forums
    Last edited by chrisnz; 04-15-09 at 05:50 PM.
    04-15-09 05:48 PM
    its an alpha version you guys. Its not even close to being a full app yet. You cant expect it to be absolutely perfect, or even close to it at this stage.
    No but if they say it does something, then it should do what they say it does.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-09 07:55 PM
    Im running it under .122 and the new version works great. The last version was really buggy (uploaded only partial vids, etc.) but this version has uploaded every single video.
    04-15-09 09:38 PM
    I hope in the future it streams live, but for now, the upload after i'm done recording will have to do. I've had no issues with it so far.
    05-18-09 11:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD