It comes up over and over again, I was just on the mobile reuters website on my LG, and found this article.

ARM, Adobe collaborate on mobile Web browsing

Monday, Nov 17, 2008 10:20AM UTC

LONDON (Reuters) - Software maker Adobe Systems and chip designer ARM Holdings will collaborate to bring better Web services to ARM-powered devices including cellphones from most of the world's biggest handset makers.

U.S.-based Adobe, which makes tools for the Internet's most popular video software and made possible the rise of sites such as Google's YouTube, will optimise its Flash Player 10 and Adobe AIR for mobile phones based on ARM processors.

New ranges of cellphones led by Apple's iPhone have stimulated consumers' appetite for Web browsing, game-playing and movie-watching on the go but pages are often hard to access and work far less well than on a desktop computer.

ARM's marketing chief Ian Drew told Reuters: "It's all about bringing the Internet experience everywhere."

Most of the world's biggest handset makers, including Nokia and Samsung as well as Apple and BlackBerry maker Research in Motion, have processors designed by UK-based ARM at their core.

The two companies said in a statement on Monday a series of ARM-based processors for cellphones, set-top boxes and other devices adapted for Adobe's Flash 10 and AIR should be available in the second half of 2009.

The collaboration, part of Adobe's Open Screen Project, was endorsed in the statement by several chipmakers including Texas Instruments, Nvidia and Freescale.

(Reporting by Georgina Prodhan; Editing by Victoria Bryan)

So please stop asking if flash is supported on the BB... but at least we now know it will be available on the BB, and many others shortly.
    11-17-08 09:49 AM
    So this means going forward it might work on new BBs, right? There is no way the current Storm will eventually be able to use flash?
    11-17-08 10:01 AM
    Flash is a plugin so if the processor can handle it theres no reason that current BBs couldnt use it.
    11-17-08 10:32 AM
    The point being made is that future phones will be made with Flash in mind and the chip sets will be optimized to use it properly. All the complaining that is done here, and most likely everywhere else is finally being heard by the chip manufacturer and adobe. I am sure that the phone could handle it physically but it isn't part of the design. (kind of like WIFI).
    Maybe V2 would incorporate the new chipset, which would be awesome for me since my NE2 will be up by then and I can buy it then. again I am no expert just an enthusiast. Should have my signiture say that for me.
    11-17-08 11:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD