....for the mean time. I'm ok with slightly delayed emails with the iphone. I'm not ok with the storms laggy OS. Its struggle to answer phone calls and well, we know it goes on.
    I've had the jesus phone for about a month and it hasn't failed me yet. I'll sit backfrom the sidelines and await the almighty himself to bless this phone with a new OS. Don't get me wrong I've been storming sinc november. I just don't have the time nor mind sight to put up with it.
    Or when I tyoerealyfas I g that. (great at typing fast,huh). I need not to say farewell crackberry members, but see you around.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-09 03:17 PM
    Holy triple threads. Sorry didn't intend it. Can a mod clean it up.

02-23-09 03:23 PM
    ....for the mean time. I'm ok with slightly delayed emails with the iphone. I'm not ok with the storms laggy OS. Its struggle to answer phone calls and well, we know it goes on.
    I've had the jesus phone for about a month and it hasn't failed me yet. I'll sit backfrom the sidelines and await the almighty himself to bless this phone with a new OS. Don't get me wrong I've been storming sinc november. I just don't have the time nor mind sight to put up with it.
    Or when I tyoerealyfas I g that. (great at typing fast,huh). I need not to say farewell crackberry members, but see you around.

Lucky *******, I am stuck with it...
    02-23-09 03:27 PM
    Hopefully you have good 3G reception with ATT - I really wanted one too, but reception was an issue for me. As for the Storm, the only thing that kept me from keeping it was the call quality - muffled and crappy ear piece. I decided to sit out for a while too.

But now I have neither!
    Last edited by bubbatex; 02-23-09 at 05:09 PM.
    02-23-09 05:06 PM
    lol, that was blunt!
    02-23-09 07:59 PM
    Lolol

02-23-09 08:14 PM
    Try mobileme, the email is instant.

02-23-09 10:00 PM
    You shouldve at least stuck with it a couple of more weeks until the OS update comes out. You never know if it'll live up to the hype. Regardless the iPhone is a great phone.
    02-23-09 11:56 PM
    Try mobileme, the email is instant.

Or MS Exchange server.

Unfortunately, you have to pay extra on top of your data plan. Unless your company happens to provide it.
    02-24-09 05:22 AM
    good luck Brian, hope it works out for you. but if you do come back let us know and what prompted you to do so.
    02-24-09 08:05 AM
    Or when I tyoerealyfas I g that. (great at typing fast,huh)
    this is super true
    02-24-09 10:15 AM
    Have you tried the .109 upgrade? I did the hybrid .109 yesterday and it was a night and day difference from .103
    02-24-09 03:49 PM
    To everybody else who thought my post over, Thank you. And guys i didn't get rid of my storm. I'm simply not using it as my daily device/phone. I'm hanging on to it in hopes it will someday/soon become what it's supposed to be. For now, sadly, I use the iphone. I'm not your "typical" iphone user of coarse, i know where my hearts at :-D
    is .109 worth taking my storm out of it's drawer and loading?
    Last edited by BrianW2007; 02-24-09 at 04:12 PM.
    02-24-09 04:08 PM
    What OS is it running now? Honestly, I don't think .109 has much over .103. A little more speed, but that's about it. It also brings BT for video back, but it's not working well for some of us. Anyway, I'd say that if you're on .90 or earlier you'll notice a HUGE improvement with .109, but if you're on .99 or .103 already then you may still be disappointed. Really, the only problem I have found so far is that the BT for video is flaky. but, it's been less than a day. Maybe wait a week or so and see how things are looking for .109 then.
    02-24-09 04:23 PM
    Anyway, I'd say that if you're on .90 or earlier you'll notice a HUGE improvement with .109, but if you're on .99 or .103 already then you may still be disappointed. Really, the only problem I have found so far is that the BT for video is flaky. but, it's been less than a day. Maybe wait a week or so and see how things are looking for .109 then.
    I agree. I upgraded to the .106 hybrid from .90 and saw a HUGE performance increase. I upgraded to the .109 hybrid because I am a BB junkie and I just had to.

I don't seem to have any lags, noticeable mem leaks, etc. My favorite part is that I haven�t had to do a battery pull since the latest upgrade.
    02-25-09 07:51 AM
    To everybody who thought my post over, Thank you. And guys i didn't get rid of my storm. I'm simply not using it as my daily device/phone. I'm hanging on to it in hopes it will someday/soon become what it's supposed to be. For now, sadly, I use the iphone. I'm not your "typical" iphone user of coarse, i know where my hearts at :-D
    is .109 worth taking my storm out of it's drawer and loading?[/QUOTE]

If you are running .75 simply put YES!
    02-25-09 08:11 AM
    I am just wonder why some people have 2 phones? Unless 1 is a work phone and 1 is personal?
    02-25-09 09:23 AM
    Can't say I blame you. I have a bad feeling that RIM's app center is gonna blow donkey too. If they are having this much trouble with a Java OS, god only knows how they will destroy an App center intended to compete with Apple. To be honest, I doubt RIM will ever catch Apple in these terms.
    02-25-09 09:27 AM
    is it me, or am I seeing more and more " I'm giving up on the storm"?
    02-25-09 09:27 AM
    I am just wonder why some people have 2 phones? Unless 1 is a work phone and 1 is personal?
    Gotta have a backup for the Storm, never know when its gonna lock up! lol Maybe that's why they (VZW) is doing a buy one get one free promo with the Storm. By the Storm and get a free Pearl to use until we can figure out what the **** we are going to do with this Storm! lol
    02-25-09 09:28 AM
    My version is only 4.7.0.78
    Everytime i go to wireless upgrades it says no upgrades available.

Looks like i gotta do it manually :@
    02-25-09 09:29 AM
    The reason i've got two phones, well. At first it started off as just one; my Storm. I get a 50% Discount on it's bill, + i get my company discount of 20% Thats a huge savings. I was using my storm for work, and for personal use and it got way to messy, to quick. When i really got upset at the storm is when my daughter had an accident. My wife called me, the phone froze in landscape. I then had to reboot it, rush out to my car phone and call her from there. So, from there on out i bought the iPhone 3G as my "personal" phone, and decided to keep the storm for business (seeing i get damn near 70% off)

Then again, my mindset had changed when i had some more problems while at work. So, for time being.. i had to give my Mephone number out to work, and it's doing VERY well. I'm surprised. So, why get rid of my verizon line with an EFT when i only pay 20-30 a month? :-)

BTW. up till now, i've been running .99
    I'll try loading .109 but my hopes aren't high.
    02-25-09 09:42 AM
    . When i really got upset at the storm is when my daughter had an accident. My wife called me, the phone froze in landscape. I then had to reboot it, rush out to my car phone and call her from there. .
    luckily you had another phone. I don't have any kids but I can only imagine what that must have felt like. I know that would have been the final straw for me as well.

This story is a pretty scary one. I would assume your daughter is ok? Regardless, those few seconds of not knowing were probobly an eternity. Imagine if you didn't have another phone.

Anyway I hope your daughter is ok.

Peace brother.

02-25-09 01:56 PM
    luckily you had another phone. I don't have any kids but I can only imagine what that must have felt like. I know that would have been the final straw for me as well.

This story is a pretty scary one. I would assume your daughter is ok? Regardless, those few seconds of not knowing were probobly an eternity. Imagine if you didn't have another phone.

Anyway I hope your daughter is ok.

Peace brother.

All is well man. Thank you. But you are right it was scary. I got a text then right after a phone call and I was unable to answer it.
    Its just sickening that it even happened. Well see though. At least now I've got adevice capable of emailing and phonecalls .... Heck at the same time too lol

02-25-09 03:24 PM
    Is this guy serious? This is exactly the person that gives storm owners a bad rep.

But to everybody else that actually thought my post over, Thank you. And guys i didn't get rid of my storm. I'm simply not using it as my daily device/phone. I'm hanging on to it in hopes it will someday/soon become what it's supposed to be. For now, sadly, I use the iphone. I'm not your "typical" iphone user of coarse, i know where my hearts at :-D
    is .109 worth taking my storm out of it's drawer and loading?
    I was using my iphone over the last week but I just switched back to storm with 1.09... There is a MAJOR difference and I have had no crashes and no memory leaks as of yet, very stable. All aspects of speed on the storm seem to be increased. I went back to iphone due to lack of storm apps but the upgrade made the storm worth using as my main phone. I've used every beta but stuck with .75 because they had too many issues... The case is way different with 1.09 very nice so far
    02-25-09 03:30 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD