View Poll Results: Stand up and Represent.

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, There's nothing a SW update won't correct

124 84.93%
  • No, it was a lemon so I did what anyone would have done.

11 7.53%
  • Yes, but I will return it before 30 days lapse.

11 7.53%
  • Smashed it.

0 0%
    I still have my original unit purchased on 11.21 and there are no major flaws with it. What about you?
    12-05-08 11:24 PM
    Any reason to post 2 threads?
    12-05-08 11:25 PM
    Any reason to post 2 threads?
    Nothing returning a few videos won't fix.
    12-05-08 11:30 PM
    I still have mine, but on Monday I will have a new one due to the growing problem of dead pixels..
    12-05-08 11:49 PM
    I still have mine, but on Monday I will have a new one due to the growing problem of dead pixels..
    Did you have one sent out, or are you returning it to the store?
    12-06-08 12:00 AM
    Mine was getting ready to go back. Corners of my screen were unclickablel tried the battery shims, no go
    Did the .75 & .76 upgrades, did the alternative to battery shim screen fix and OMG, this phone rox.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-08 12:09 AM
    Yes, the screw trick tweaked mine to the perfect degree. .75 helped as well. But to be fair, mine was pretty good out of the box.
    12-06-08 12:20 AM
    i have an orig unit from opening day and was ready to send it back, had the lady offer to have me one by the 15th and i asked that she just mark my account stating im eligable for a replacement and then try a different csr to get one overnighted instead of waiting. theeeeennnnnn i found out about the t6 screws and will be keeping this one. i have 0 complaints now.
    12-06-08 12:24 AM
    Got mine on the 25th and had a few software problems until .75 (been using that ver. since the leak).

HW problems: screen click issue and the send button just started coming loose today. I'm going to call VZW tomorrow to get a warranty replacement.

Does anyone have revised hardware yet?
    12-06-08 12:24 AM
    Mine's workable...I'd keep it if I didn't have the option of getting a replacement but if I can replace it to fix the minor errors at no extra charge then why not?
    12-06-08 12:42 AM
    I have my original unit and have had zero problems. It clicked like a dream out of the box. I got the very last one at the store I went to and I am glad I did!!!
    12-06-08 12:53 AM
    Still have mine with no problems.

12-06-08 12:53 AM
    you left out one option in the poll so im not voting.. runs perfect now updates may make it better but at this point im about 99 percent satisfied same unit from day of launch and its running excelent.
    12-06-08 01:21 AM
    Got mine on day one as well. I just updated to .75 I have had no real issues till update. I have message indicator with messages, but none that I can find. I will keep this phone it truly rocks. If you spend some time and get past the learning curve ( not my first BB ) you can make it what you want.

My wifes boss got his yesterday on his corp deal.....spent most of happy hour showing him and the big big boss how to work it.....never saw Babylon AD, but that trailer alone caused me to tell them to pick up there chins...
    12-06-08 01:48 AM
    you left out one option in the poll so im not voting.. runs perfect now updates may make it better but at this point im about 99 percent satisfied same unit from day of launch and its running excelent.
    Agreed. I did vote the first option, but actually, my Storm has been fine since I got it the morning of the release. There was a learning curve for the onscreen QWERTY keyboard, but, in my case, it was me and not the phone.

Lovin' this phone!
    12-06-08 07:04 AM
    I still have mine. I've had no problems with it since I got it but recently I've noticed that my end call button is a little loose. Hoping for the best. It'll fall off before I return it.

12-06-08 07:15 AM
    Mine is being great with the exception of some overheating after using VZ Nav for almost two hours. I was testing the program and using the phone with bluetooth at the same time so maybe I was pushing the limits,I don`t know until I try again.
    12-06-08 07:19 AM
    Still have mine and I'm lovin' it.
    12-06-08 07:24 AM
    Mine is great.

There seems to be a small percentage of unhappy people who like to make threads with inflammatory titles. The noisy minority.
    12-06-08 07:30 AM
    Got mine at Sam's Club in Holland, OH on the 21st...all the small problems are gone now after installing leaked .75. Compared to my winmo pda this is a dream device. I'm in for the long run.
    12-06-08 07:53 AM
    I got 2 Storms on day 1 (stood in line in the from from 4AM till 7;30 and was thrilled to get them.). Both were nearly perfect out of the box, minimal lag, great clicking screen. Afet update both are even better. Unfortunately I just ordered a replacement for one due to a BB button that does not work (I waited for upgrade but it actually got worse.) I pray that the replacement unit is as good as the original (just with a working BB button.)
    12-06-08 08:25 AM
    3rd times a charm...... hopefully
    12-06-08 08:32 AM
    did the sw update last night. the memory increased, and at first the device seemed to run smoother, but this morning, the radio was turned off, i had to resend the host routing table, and then i had numerous freezing issues, much worse than before. i called tech support and they are sending me a new handset on tuesday. they didn't admit to there being anything wrong with the 9530, but it only took about 2 minutes with data support to describe my issues and for them to send me out a new one.

while trying to make and recieve calls the device would just lock up between portrait and landscape mode, and while trying use the keypad during voice mail calls, trying to acess the telephone keypad, the device does not respond to touch.

If anything the software update makes the 9530 freeze up more often.
    12-06-08 09:01 AM
    I have had mine since the 21st and I would say mine is perfect minus the software. .65 was slow and .75 likes to restart itself...

Verizon better get their act together quick.
    12-06-08 09:19 AM
    My phone was initially lightning fast after the official upgrade to .75 yesterday, however it started slowing down and freezing up throughout the day and evening last night. Long story short was that I called 611 and they practically forced a replacement on me. The lady was actually pretty rude to me--telling me that it was probably user error on my part, but since I was within my 30 days, she would send a "new for new" replacement to me. She even went so far as to say that I was making assumptions that were not correct about the phone and their customer service. I came away from the conversation feeling like she just p'owned me. Not a nice lady. It seemed like she couldn't be bothered with another Storm complaint so she was just going to throw a new phone at me. We will see what happens with the replacement I receive. Should get it Wednesday, she said.
    12-06-08 09:42 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD