I'd love to take advantage of the 50% off sale. Unfortunately I am waiting for my replacement Storm. I'm new to BlackBerries, if I purchase some software from the store now will i get some .jad files I can reuse, or are they supposed to be sent directly to my phone?

I was reading that you have to repurchase apps if you get new phones..not sure if replacements of the same model counts?

Thanks,

BobbyV
    12-01-08 07:39 PM
    Yes unless they are licensed to yout PIN. In that case and from my experience a simple email to support explaining your situation will prompt them to send you a new registration code that will work with the new PIN on your new phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-08 07:58 PM
    bump.......
    12-01-08 08:04 PM
    Im not sure how the files from the crackberry store are delivered though? What if I purchase the apps and then don't install them until I get my new phone? Also some apps like AutoStandby don't seem to support the Storm yet..but I'd love to be cheap and buy it now and wait for an update, hopefully is this is possible without repaying as well...
    12-01-08 08:11 PM
    Oh well...I guess I'll be missing the sale this time around since I'm not really sure what will happen to my purchases =/
    12-01-08 09:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD