Why hasn't RIM even attempted to address the public relations nightmare that rages across these boards?
    05-14-09 08:49 PM
    Sadly, the reality is that we angry storm owners are a very, very small percentage of total BB sales. They just don't care. That's my theory.
    05-14-09 09:14 PM
    yea what he said ^^^^^^^
    05-14-09 09:33 PM
    Sadly, the reality is that we angry storm owners are a very, very small percentage of total BB sales. They just don't care. That's my theory.
    Sounds accurate.
    05-14-09 09:37 PM
    I don't know that I'd call it a nightmare by any means. I don't feel that I'm out of the ordinary in saying that while I'm anxiously awaiting an update, I'm very happy with my Storm until that finally comes.

And while we all come here to learn a great deal, the vast majority of Storm users don't know anything about pending updates. Most cell phone users in general probably don't have any idea that you can even update the software.
    05-14-09 10:10 PM
    And while we all come here to learn a great deal, the vast majority of Storm users don't know anything about pending updates. Most cell phone users in general probably don't have any idea that you can even update the software.
    I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree. I think, for the most part, Storm owners are tech savy. That doesn't mean COMPUTER GENIUSES, though. To be able to own the Storm and DEAL with it, you have to know SOMETHING about technology.
    05-14-09 10:54 PM
    lol. I sounded pretty cynical.

I am using my phone, and buying apps, and using .132 which has improved my experience. BUT, I shouldn't have to risk bricking my phone after six months just to have a semi-crapola user experience.

I've tried hard to discourage friends from buying the storm because I don't want to hear them bitc h, or suddenly become their BB IT department. I've already been asked to "fix my phone"

This was not what I expected from the famous RIM as a first time user. lol
    05-14-09 11:25 PM
    i think RIM may have realized that the vast majority of those that by the storm don't care enough about its performance to complain too much, and those that do come to boards like this and upgrade their OS's and most of those become happy they have a "better" OS and stop complaining as much, so they see no need to cater to the "minimal" number of customers that still aren't happy after that...

it's my theory anyways
    05-14-09 11:32 PM
    I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree. I think, for the most part, Storm owners are tech savy. That doesn't mean COMPUTER GENIUSES, though. To be able to own the Storm and DEAL with it, you have to know SOMETHING about technology.
    LOL...I know people that have the Storm that doesn't even know the difference between a hard drive and a floppy drive and btw they are happy with their Storm's too.
    05-15-09 02:40 AM
    Wrong! Maybe CrackBerry's Storm owners are tech-savy, but on average I guarantee most are clueless!
    05-15-09 03:07 AM
    I don't necessarily see a major public relations issue with experienced BB users. Most will just go to another BB device. I do believe, however, the Storm experience has damaged RIM a bit for potential customers. Over 90% of people who see I have a Storm (and they don't already have a BB device) make a comment to the effect "oh I hear there's lots of problems with that phone." No exaggeration. This includes tech savvy and not-to-tech savvy friends, co-workers, etc. What do you think is their impression of RIM?
    05-15-09 07:07 AM
    This is a great 3rd party app thread

OP, on the grand scale of things CB represents the entirety of **** all

The haters on this board create user names specifically to bash the storm.

in real life, there isnt even a fraction of the mess that people yell about on here.

Most people just don't seem to know how to properly maintain a complex smartphone. They don't seem to understand that you cant just fill your phone with random apps from random authors and expect everything to be fine.

Most of these users really NEED a foolproof device like the iphone. The storm is by no means fool proof, and thus, exposes MANY a fool
    05-15-09 09:45 AM
    3rd party apps?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-09 10:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD