I replied to someone (Craiglist ad) and never added him to my email Contact list. Now when I go to Compose a email, and type a name simular to this person, his email comes up in the To: box? I deleted emails, did a Search and can not find where this is stored on my phone, or even coming from. Did a battery pull and the name and email is still there??

What do I need to do to get rid of this guy??
    07-19-10 09:14 AM
    go to contacts and check the lookup to make sure he's not appearing there. If so, just delete the lookup for that contact.

Only thing I can think of.
    07-19-10 11:40 AM
    Do you have any 3rd party apps installed that relate to you email or contacts?

Stock OS does not auto fill addresses unless from the contact list...
    07-19-10 12:19 PM
    Well it does not show in my Contacts list, if it did I would have deleted by now. Phone is a stock Storm II that had 713 that I downgraded to 607, so whatever came on it new, I have installed. This is a Verizon phone, and my first Blackberry, maybe its a stock app from them? I have very few downloaded apps, none would be for contact managment.
    07-19-10 01:53 PM
    Go to Messages»Options»General Options. You'll see an option for showing recent contacts when composing email. It sounds like you have this on and it's just recognizing it as a recent contact.
    07-19-10 10:21 PM
    jfb336 is correct although depending on your OS version, you may or may not see an option for showing the recent contacts. But don't worry, it will disappear over time even then.
    07-20-10 01:34 AM
    Thank you, Thank you!! That was the answer, it works fine now. There are so many options on the BB OS that is what makes it so neat, but it also takes a village.... to learn.
    07-20-10 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD