any word on weather or not S2 will have a proximity sensor? my gut tells me there is since they can no longer rely on a click to confirm selections, even though that was also a failure.
    05-21-09 04:43 PM
    In this pic, you see a tiny dot right below and to the right of the LED lights area. That'd be a great place for a proximity sensor...

Engadget needs to hire me to take pics for them. Whoever took those must have been rushed, or doesn't know how to use proper lighting.

Last edited by spampeg; 05-21-09 at 05:00 PM.
    05-21-09 04:54 PM
    looks like that may be it...
    05-21-09 11:27 PM
    Man that would be great if it was.... I am tired of having to have a app lock my screen... and then if i want to deactivate it i have to slide to unlock and then activate it again... its rediculous for suck a expensive phone.
    05-22-09 01:04 AM
    Yeah that does look like it ... and i may have over looked things , but where is the speaker phone located now ?

EDIT : looks like its on the bottom right next to the mic !?!??!!?
    Last edited by sooks; 05-22-09 at 01:07 AM.
    05-22-09 01:05 AM
    Man that would be great if it was.... I am tired of having to have a app lock my screen... and then if i want to deactivate it i have to slide to unlock and then activate it again... its rediculous for suck a expensive phone.
    yeah, really is... thing is that was back when RIM engineers thought that the "click" screen would not be activated by your face... now that they have realized that it does not work like that, and have ditched the click all together, there has to be a way to prevent your face from selecting different things and my money is that there is a proximity sensor, if that hole is not it already.
    05-22-09 05:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD