I just transferred a "digital copy" (it came over the internet, via a DVD and authorization code that accompanied a Blu ray movie I own) to my storm, using Explorer. BUT, when I go to play it on the storm, I get a message that "you need the rights to this content. Please sync with your computer or redownload..." Of course, the movie plays fine on the PC that I downloaded it on (thru WMP).

First of all, the copy is on a PC that doesn't even have DM loaded. Presuming I re-download the movie to a PC with DM (GRRR!!!), what's the process or program feature to get "protected content" to work on my Storm?

I'm now in the process of downloading the content a second time, this time the itunes versionk, onto the PC that has DM. How do I transfer the digital rights onto my Storm so it will play this time?
    08-04-10 08:25 PM
    UPDATE:

What a frickin' PITA! I got the movie downloaded into iTunes. I try to play it. itunes claims I have FIVE PC's already "authorized". So...I find the page to unauthorize all five PC's. Then, I go to play the movie, and try to authorize the current PC. sigh. Seems my account is "unavailable. please try back later". good grief. DRM is a load of CRAP!

After six attempts (and closing/reopening iTunes) I got the movie to play on my pc. Now, I've no idea how to get it onto my Storm so that the DRM goes with it.
    08-04-10 08:32 PM
    Welcome to the Wonderful World of iTunes.

Apple has you buy to gonads. LOL
    08-04-10 08:36 PM
    Welcome to the Wonderful World of iTunes.

Apple has you buy to gonads. LOL
    would you believe I have NEVER purchased a single song or movie from itunes? I've bought from Amazon (mp3's), but Jobs & Company can kiss my grits.
    08-04-10 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD