Why can't you pull up the dial pad in landscape? I use an OEM dock in my truck and every time I need the dial pad, it is always stuck in portrait. Same goes for call logs and contacts. If you bring up the call log from inside the phone app, they are locked into portrait.
    09-19-09 01:14 PM
    +1 to the idea. I agree it would be a useful addition to the Storms function

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-09 01:22 PM
    This used to work like this very early OS version 4.7.0.61 and below I believe. They locked it into portait mode so that people wouldn't make the mistake of talking on the phone upside down (because you used to be able to flip the screen 360 degrees at one time). I agree that there should be a happy median we could meet on this. After all, the way it is now, leaves the OEM charge pod a bit short of usefulness.
    09-19-09 01:35 PM
    (because you used to be able to flip the screen 360 degrees at one time).
    Building upon this, I'd like to see them have a "righty/lefty" option under the screen/keyboard options to keep the screen rotation at 90 degrees. I never orient the phone in landscape with the buttons on the left. Even build in an orientation lock function per application because I personally don't like the phone app changing from portrait to landscape. I'd prefer the incoming call screen and everything phone related to be locked in portrait.
    09-19-09 01:40 PM
    never thought about the talking upside down part!

Since it only fits in the cradle on it's left side, I'm certain that they can fix this relatively easily. The call screen already works in landscape, just none of the features.
    09-19-09 01:40 PM
    Building upon this, I'd like to see them have a "righty/lefty" option under the screen/keyboard options to keep the screen rotation at 90 degrees. I never orient the phone in landscape with the buttons on the left. Even build in an orientation lock function per application because I personally don't like the phone app changing from portrait to landscape. I'd prefer the incoming call screen and everything phone related to be locked in portrait.
    Yes, I agree with the bold and this post entirely. It looks so unclean never knowing how you're incomming call screen is going to be oriented (based on last known screen orientation).
    09-19-09 01:41 PM
    Yet another great idea that RIM has seem to miss the mark on. Maybe one day it will happen (has he l l frozen over yet)
    09-19-09 01:44 PM
    while we are at it, give me a dang decimal point in the numeric keyboard! It's a PITA having to switch between ABC/123, or having to hit the space 2wice and then backspace to type in "5.0.230".
    09-19-09 01:52 PM
    while we are at it, give me a dang decimal point in the numeric keyboard! It's a PITA having to switch between ABC/123, or having to hit the space 2wice and then backspace to type in "5.0.230".
    Seriously! The funny part is, go to numeric keyboard and press a number then hold space for a 1 second... It inserts a decimal point and a space. On .167 it does anyway, I don't remember if it did on any other OS. Great if I'm composing sentences out of numbers!
    09-19-09 01:55 PM
    If you have any of the tilt lock apps you can unlock it and turn the phone. I use quicklaunch lock tilt

09-19-09 06:57 PM
    +1 10charat

09-19-09 07:00 PM
    LOL, I was JUST going to post this complaint! I've been having to type a lot of numbers in lately with decimal points (not just OS versions) and it's DRIVING ME FREAKIN CRAZY!!! I wonder what brain (I use that term loosely) at RIM thought nobody would ever use decimal points in numbers?
    09-19-09 07:30 PM
    You know how annoying it is to type in IP addresses with no decimal in the numlock?
    09-19-09 08:51 PM
    +1 about the decimal point with the numlock.And while we're adding improvements, how about making the calculator function buttons (+, -, x, /) all together instead of randomly placing them all over the keyboard... i swear, i've never seen a calculator laid out that way... was someone smokin crack when they designed that layout???
    09-19-09 10:18 PM
    I would like the option to have it fixed or to use it both ways.
    09-19-09 11:47 PM
    If you have any of the tilt lock apps you can unlock it and turn the phone. I use quicklaunch lock tilt

Is he saying that you can use this Tilt Lock app to unlock the phone being in portait, so you can use it in landscape? If so, can anyone else confirm this?

+1 Landscape option for Dialpad
    +1 For The decimal point in Numpad
    09-20-09 03:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD