For those on the go, here's an app/service (in Beta) that captures converts copies of your receipts (taken with your Storm camera) into expense details.

1. Capture Data Automatically.
    Take a picture of your paper receipt and our service automatically and accurately converts the image into expense details.

2. Organize, Tag, and Save Information.
    Scroll through and easily view all of your expense details on your mobile device.

3. Create Accurate and Professional Reports.
    Export brilliant expense management reports to Excel or PDF, with photos of your receipts.

More info available here.
    06-08-09 09:34 PM
    Trying it now. Thanks. I can definately see this being a good idea for I hate keeping receipts laying around
    06-08-09 09:56 PM
    Sounds like an awesome app.
    06-08-09 10:04 PM
    downloading now myself, seems very cool.
    06-08-09 10:06 PM
    I'm still awaiting an email from them for the DL link. How long does it take? I'm ready to try this out!

06-08-09 10:56 PM
    downloading now cant wait to try.
    06-08-09 11:53 PM
    I got it installed finally. It is everything is says it is. Works very well other than being a bit slow when trying to read the image, but that is to be expected. You can even edit the image. Very nice. This will come very handy for me. Thanks!
    06-09-09 12:15 AM
    just dont forget u only get 30 pixs at a time
    06-09-09 12:41 AM
    Sounds like a great idea, but would like to know how much its going to cost before I get hooked.

The trial says 30 scan trial for the month, but when I click on the "Buy more scans" button on the site, its says the online store isn't up yet. Just curious if anyone found pricing listed anywhere on the site?
    06-09-09 01:17 AM
    i want for the curve!
    06-09-09 01:26 AM
    Oh wow. This could be a very beneficial application for me. Is there going to be a one time cost for the application and service? Monthly?
    06-09-09 04:35 AM
    I work in engineering at ProOnGo so I can't comment on pricing. I can say they let us release the demo\beta for FREE so please let us know what you think.

Someone asked about the download link, you can register at the ProOnGo website and you will get an e-mail. The e-mail contains a direct link to the STORM download.

Feel free to copy and paste the link here for those that might be interested. I don't have enough posts on this forum to post a link.

If interested in the Curve 8900 version, a 'private' beta is opening soon...please e-mail ProOnGo support if interested (Curve 8900 only for now).

Thanks!

-Dave
    06-09-09 09:24 AM
    Excellent program! Now if I could just get a business card reader...

Anyway, I too am wondering what kind of pricing we'll see.

A few thing I've notice that could be changed:

While waiting for ProOnGo to read a receipt (after the pictures been taken) the camera is still running in the background. Is there a way to have it shutdown after you've snapped the pic? that would cut down on battery useage while the app is open.

No landscape support. I for 1 find it easier to enter info using the landscape keyboad, and having to use suretype is kind of a pain.

If I think of anything further I'll post it or email it to you guys.
    06-09-09 03:54 PM
    You are right, for the beta we leave the camera running in the background. This will be fixed after the beta.

The application should work in landscape mode, we use it that way all the time. If you are having trouble getting the keyboard to show up, click in the field where you want to type and the keyboard should automatically pop up.
    Maybe the Storm is just not detecting that you rotated the device?...this is a common problem among all Storm apps, not just ProOnGo.

The best way to save on typing is just to submit the receipt to the included Receipt Reader service (also in free beta). If you submit to our servers, the merchant, date, and amount will be populated for you.

I hope that helps. If not feel free to e-mail ProOnGo support or just follow up here, whatever is easiest.
    06-09-09 04:24 PM
    just downloading now. heading out later so i cant wait to give it a try. i wish i knew what the pricing was gonna be like. seems like such an awesome app. hope they dont try to rape us on the price.
    06-09-09 07:48 PM
    have been using it and must say I really like it, great way to keep copies of receipts. its a little slow and seems to kinda stumble through the steps at times, but otherwise works just as advertised.
    06-09-09 09:21 PM
    I too downloaded and am testing it out. But I would highly recommend a business card reader built into this...something which would then populate as a contact and we could add to the native address book...
    06-09-09 09:52 PM
    I too downloaded and am testing it out. But I would highly recommend a business card reader built into this...something which would then populate as a contact and we could add to the native address book...
    There is a business card reader that is in beta (different company) that is in the 3rd party apps forum. I've been testing it, and it works great. I'm looking forward to downloading and trying out this receipt app.
    06-09-09 10:07 PM
    ^hey could you PM me the name or thread in question? thanks!
    06-09-09 11:23 PM
    I keep getting error code 3000 when it tries to send my image to the server for processing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-09 11:44 PM
    Kazmi..pm me and remind me tomorrow .. I'm on the storm right now so ill find it when I'm on laptop tomorrow

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-09 11:45 PM
    If getting error 3000...make sure you username (your e-mail) is correct when submitting to the Receipt Reader service. We are working on handling that better.

Also, thanks for the feedback about the image editor being slow...that is the main difference between the Storm version and the Curve 8900 version. We are working hard on speeding up the image editor. You can skip the image editor entirely if you want (just click cancel when you get the option), but make sure to use the image editor if you receipt has private details, like credit card info.

Please continue to let us know any feedback by e-mailing support or simply posting to the forum. Thanks! -Dave
    06-12-09 08:25 AM
    Excellent program! Now if I could just get a business card reader...
    Try ScanR...works good for me in taking a pic of business cards and auto-populating into contacts.

This ProOnGo could be GREAT ALSO...no more envelopes in console or passenger seat while traveling to keep up with receipts.
    06-12-09 08:57 AM
    I'm trying it right now, it's very accurate. I noticed that there was significant lag (1+ seconds per letter) in typing. Not sure if this is an issue with the app or the phone, but might want to check in on that.
    06-12-09 10:15 AM
    There is a business card reader that is in beta (different company) that is in the 3rd party apps forum. I've been testing it, and it works great. I'm looking forward to downloading and trying out this receipt app.
    AgTitan06,

What is the name and link to the other Business Card Reader (Beta) that you mentioned earlier can you post it here?

I have been looking for one and scanR just seems a little pricy for me.
    06-12-09 12:57 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD