I was wondering if there is any way to change the back key on the Storm to make it a close function? I find myself frequently opening different items on the Storm, things I might use only once in a day and forget to hit menu -> close. I think I would rather have the back button automatically close out the application. Is there anything out there that can do that?
    02-16-09 02:17 AM
    If you hold down the back key for like a second it will close the program. If you just tap the back key it will keep it open.
    02-16-09 02:26 AM
    Thanks dmg for that shortcut. I didn't know that one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 02:30 AM
    Most programs on my phone close on the back key

02-16-09 03:24 AM
    If you hold down the back key for like a second it will close the program. If you just tap the back key it will keep it open.
    That's not true at all.

How an application responds to the back key depends on how it was written. An application can be written to close when the back key is pressed, or it can be written to just minimize to the background.

02-16-09 07:41 AM
    I'd rather have the program close with the "end call" button and leave the back button for...well...back.
    02-16-09 09:24 AM
    I'm trying to develop the habit of always using the menu+close/exit. A PITA but it appears to be the one sure way of closing apps.
    02-16-09 09:41 AM
    I have that habit ingrained already.

02-16-09 10:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD