NOTE: I PREMATURELY JUDGED THIS PROGRAM. WHEN I PURCHASED IT ON THE MOBILE VERSION OF THE CRACKBERRY APP STORE IT DOWNLOADED A NON STORM VERSION OF THE PROGRAM. SINCE THAT TIME TOYSOFT HAS HELPED ME GET THE RIGHT VERSION AND THE PROGRAM IS WORKING WELL. OTHERS SHOULD FEEL COMPLETELY COMFORTABLE PURCHASING THIS PROGRAM FOR THEIR STORM OR OTHER DEVICE.

its a shame because it seemed like a great idea for an app. i have weekly meetings that i go into and i would love for it to silence my phone based off of the same time same day each week.

unfortunately, with compatability mode set on and off, it is always half screen half kepboard. there is no touch support. have to scroll through everything in a "trackball emulation" type mode. and i still can't figured out how to change the time for any of my profiles! can't scroll down to hit ok. looks like a great application but i can't use it.

i look to the developer for a new version or i need to figure out how to get my money back.

ye be warned . . .
    Last edited by smcparland; 02-10-09 at 12:21 PM.
    02-09-09 08:31 AM
    I would love to have a program like this but that worked. I loved that my Moto Q would change my phone from vibrate to normal depending on if I was in a meeting. Someone needs to develop an app that does this!
    02-09-09 09:06 AM
    I would love to have a program like this but that worked. I loved that my Moto Q would change my phone from vibrate to normal depending on if I was in a meeting. Someone needs to develop an app that does this!
    Agreed. Having to use key words in the calendar is impractical in the corporate world where you don't always control what goes on your calendar. I'd like to simply tell it to vibrate when there's a meeting so I don't have to remember to do so.
    02-09-09 09:20 AM
    apparently there might be a work around from the creators of the software. when/if i hear back from them i will post up here on how well the software works on the storm and perhaps others can use it.
    02-09-09 10:28 AM
    its a shame because it seemed like a great idea for an app. i have weekly meetings that i go into and i would love for it to silence my phone based off of the same time same day each week.

unfortunately, with compatability mode set on and off, it is always half screen half kepboard. there is no touch support. have to scroll through everything in a "trackball emulation" type mode. and i still can't figured out how to change the time for any of my profiles! can't scroll down to hit ok. looks like a great application but i can't use it.

i look to the developer for a new version or i need to figure out how to get my money back.

ye be warned . . .
    If you ask we will create it. If you didn't know we have recompiled Profiler for 4.7

if compatibility is mode is disabled and you still get the blue screen then do a soft. this will fix the problem.

here is the link for the Storm compiled version www.toysoft.ca/storm/Profiler.jad
    02-09-09 12:31 PM
    Two questions:
    1. For Calendar keywords - if I make the keyword "busy" will it pick up any calendar event where my status is busy or does the keyword have to be in the name of the event?
    2. I use autolock on my phone. I noticed you state that the program will not change the profile if the phone is locked. Is there anyway to get around this?
    02-09-09 01:08 PM
    Thank you for the reply. i was under the impression that 4.5 was the latest version. i just purchased it today from the crackberry store. mobihand must have sent me a download link for the wrong version. perhaps did not recognize my phone model. i am testing this now and will post up if it works.
    02-09-09 02:37 PM
    Two questions:
    1. For Calendar keywords - if I make the keyword "busy" will it pick up any calendar event where my status is busy or does the keyword have to be in the name of the event?
    2. I use autolock on my phone. I noticed you state that the program will not change the profile if the phone is locked. Is there anyway to get around this?
    the keyword must be in the subject area and it only when you created the appt at which time Profiler will save it.

there is no word around for the keyboard lock issue. this is the OS restriction. one way is wait for your own keyboard locking in profiler.
    02-09-09 03:01 PM
    Thank you for the reply. i was under the impression that 4.5 was the latest version. i just purchased it today from the crackberry store. mobihand must have sent me a download link for the wrong version. perhaps did not recognize my phone model. i am testing this now and will post up if it works.
    no. the current version is 1.5 and is for the general BB devices and if you visit our forum we have beta versions available compiled just for the Storm.
    02-09-09 03:02 PM
    i apologize if i did a premature "slam" on your program. i purchased it through crackberry app store on my phone and it downloaded the wrong version. after uninstalling it, and then downloading the version you specified, it works like a charm as it should.

once again i apologize if i hurt your application. i will be editing my first post to reflect that there are in fact no problems with the correct version.

feel free to get a moderator to either delete this thread or change the title if you prefer. take care.
    02-10-09 08:15 AM
    i apologize if i did a premature "slam" on your program. i purchased it through crackberry app store on my phone and it downloaded the wrong version. after uninstalling it, and then downloading the version you specified, it works like a charm as it should.

once again i apologize if i hurt your application. i will be editing my first post to reflect that there are in fact no problems with the correct version.

feel free to get a moderator to either delete this thread or change the title if you prefer. take care.
    no problem. thanks for the update.
    02-10-09 11:09 AM
    this beta is for the Storm only. do not install if you do not have a Storm

OTA www.toysoft.ca/bb/Profiler.jad

Changes
    --------

- updated the start and ending times to 12 hour format. before it was in 24hrs

- now works when the keyboard is locked.

- if bb is locked and holster. when you unholster profiler will switch the profile

please let us know if you have any problems.
    06-04-09 10:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD