I downloaded the Google voice app last night to my 9530.It was automatically on compatibility mode but the keyboard wouldnt work.I then switched off the compatibility mode to see what happened.It seemed to work at first then a message came up saying the process has died.The phone went to a white screen and an app 23 error reset message went on.The phone didnt crash.I did a battery pull and it started back up but i deleted GV since it wouldnt work.Is anyone else having this same issue and if so can it be fixed? I have read that its not supported for the storm but people are also saying theyve made it work on theirs so I'd like to know how any suggestions guys?
    07-22-10 01:13 PM
    GoogleVoice does not support the Storm as yet. :/ Some others use GoogleVoice on their Storms, but I'm not sure how they get through all of this and get it work.
    07-22-10 01:20 PM
    I would have taught that by now Google would have created a Storm App, but then again maybe they are concentration on Android these days....
    07-22-10 01:23 PM
    I would have taught that by now Google would have created a Storm App, but then again maybe they are concentration on Android these days....
    Can't say I blame google for focusing their app efforts on Android, it's their OS after all.
    07-22-10 01:30 PM
    Ok.....well i guess I'll ask one of those people who got it running what they did to get it to work.
    07-22-10 01:54 PM
    Ok.....well i guess I'll ask one of those people who got it running what they did to get it to work.
    They got a different build version to work, not the very new 0.2.0.2 build.
    07-22-10 01:57 PM
    D5115R
    you had said in the other thread that in the older version of Gv there was a trick people used to get it to work on the storm.I got the link so I'm going to try this now and see what happens.I'll post back later on my results.
    07-22-10 02:05 PM
    The Google Voice app seems to work fine on my Storm. SMS, calling, all work fine.
    07-22-10 05:32 PM
    where do you get the google voice app from? Everytime I visit m.google.com/voice on my blackberry it just takes me to the login screen and after I login theres no link for an app download.
    07-22-10 05:49 PM
    I have had 0.1.5.1 on my storm(4.7.0.148) ever since it first got released. It works fine. It is not pretty, and is a bit of a hassle since I have to leave it in the background or manually log in each time I open it. But it works for making and receiving calls. I think I have issues sending sms with it though, can't remember...
    07-22-10 07:21 PM
    I have Os .591 and the 0.2.0.2. Version doesnt work i might try an older version of the program.and btw cowman u won't find the link on the google mobile link unless u change your browser settings.i hope downloading an older version won't crash my storm again.google screwed storm owners on this app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-10 03:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD