I would really appreciate any help. I downloaded the .148 OS and installed it on my computer. I then plugged in my phone and opened DM. I went to App Loader and .148 is the prefered. I clicked next, once I highlighted .148 and it started looking for the updates. It then said no updates were available. I am currently running .141. Does anyone have an idea of why this is not working or how to get it to work? I have updated leaks in the past with no problems. Any hwlp would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    06-02-09 11:40 AM
    back up your phone ... unplug from computer, shut down desktop manager, plug phone back in, restart desktop manager. Should work.

(did that to my coworker this morning ... this procedure worked).
    06-02-09 12:06 PM
    I tried that last night and it still did not work. Thanks for the suggestion though.
    06-02-09 12:17 PM
    Uninstall any other OS from your computer using Control Panel/Add Remove programs, then disconnect your PC from the internet and try again, if that does not work, then try this.

Close DM, go to Program Files/Common Files/Research in Motion/AppLoader

Then double click on the Loader.exe file and it will do the same thing as DM AppLoader, but usually with fewer problems.
    Last edited by DJM1947; 06-02-09 at 12:42 PM.
    06-02-09 12:40 PM
    Tried going through program files/ common files etc. but still came up with prompt that OS on device is new version than currently available, which means .75 is latest version. How do you get .148?
    06-02-09 03:14 PM
    Go to this link to get the .exe file. Then you must install the file on your computer. Then your computer will show the .148 files.

BlackBerry® Software Updates

There is a lot of good info at this link:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/qu...evices-238649/
    06-02-09 03:38 PM
    Sigep85,

It worked. Since you posted I immediately took the steps you laid out and finally 2 hours later it worked. Finally. many thanks.
    06-02-09 05:12 PM
    Sigep85,

It worked. Since you posted I immediately took the steps you laid out and finally 2 hours later it worked. Finally. many thanks.
    Good job.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 05:20 PM
    This was the worst upgrade experience I've ever had. Also, the desktop application no longer can back up my phone; I have to do it manually, using the advanced back up function, which does a little at a time. Good thing, because after the upgrade, all my data was lost; however, the manual backup had worked, and I was able to restore the phone fully.
    06-02-09 05:42 PM
    This was the worst upgrade experience I've ever had. Also, the desktop application no longer can back up my phone; I have to do it manually, using the advanced back up function, which does a little at a time. Good thing, because after the upgrade, all my data was lost; however, the manual backup had worked, and I was able to restore the phone fully.
    What happens when you try to backup normally? Are you getting an error? The most common is a data base error and it can usually be corrected by going to Backup/Restore>Advanced and then scrolling down to Browser Data Cache and clearing it.
    Last edited by DJM1947; 06-02-09 at 07:54 PM.
    06-02-09 06:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD