1. cutler888's Avatar
    I have an unlocked 9530 and i have an issue.

    I have t-mobile's "EDGE" network.

    At random, my phone will switch to "edge" (no caps)

    I know how to change it back, but sometimes it doesnt register right away.

    Anyone know what the problem may be?

    I have OS 4.7.0.113

    Thanks...
    04-03-09 10:44 PM
  2. benny_j's Avatar
    im having the same issues, i just bought a storm lastnight, upgraded to .113, unlocked it, ran the crackutil to get the tmobile service books, then did a device switch from my 8900 to this and i only get "edge", i will randomly pickup "EDGE" but like 95% of the time its lowercase. I also tried registering the host routing table and still get "edge".

    ps. i am aware that it will only be 2g EDGE. Just wondering how i can keep it that way.
    04-04-09 09:16 AM
  3. StormItUp's Avatar
    I have the Storm on T-Mobile's network. I am not having the issues you both are having, but I'm running OS .75 so maybe the .113 has something to do with it? I probably pickup edge instead of EDGE around 5% of the time when traveling.
    04-04-09 02:54 PM
  4. big samm's Avatar
    im having the same issues, i just bought a storm lastnight, upgraded to .113, unlocked it, ran the crackutil to get the tmobile service books, then did a device switch from my 8900 to this and i only get "edge", i will randomly pickup "EDGE" but like 95% of the time its lowercase. I also tried registering the host routing table and still get "edge".

    ps. i am aware that it will only be 2g EDGE. Just wondering how i can keep it that way.
    I have the same issue...the radio file in .113 is not too friendly with the gsm part of the phone...because of that I went back to my 8900...ill wait for a official update and hope it will fix the problem...

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by big samm; 04-05-09 at 11:06 AM.
    04-05-09 11:02 AM
  5. benny_j's Avatar
    I have the same issue...the radio file in .113 is not too friendly with the gsm part of the phone...because of that I went back to my 8900...ill wait for a official update and hope it will fix the problem...

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I was able to fix the issue by replacing the .113 radio with the .90 radio. Been working perfect for almost a day now. Only problem I had was with the vsod due to the memory card.
    04-05-09 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD