Hello, i've recently bought the Blackberry Storm II 9520, first blackberry for me.

I have been using it for the past 3 days and i have some questions that i could not find answers to.

1. When charging is it normal for the screen light to be kept on? As i plug in the charger the clock appears and even if i press the lock button the light is still on.

2. How can i turn off the spell check/help when i am typing in landscape mode?( the QWERTY keyboard )?

3. What's the deal with youtube? I have read that there's an application but do i have to crack my berry before i can install it,as i suppose that the application is 3rd party?

That's all i can think of now, thanks in advance for your answers
    06-14-10 10:09 AM
    1. Open the clock app, hit the BB key, go to options then change when charging option to "Do Nothing."

2. The spell check options are under Options (the wrench icon) then go to Screen/Keyboard (make sure you are holding the phone in landscape mode when you do this) and you can adjust the auto correction/word completion options there.

3. You have two options for YouTube: m.YouTube.com in your browser which works very well or Google has a YouTube app. Go to m.google.com and scroll down for the available apps to download.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-10 10:18 AM
    Hello, i've recently bought the Blackberry Storm II 9520, first blackberry for me.

I have been using it for the past 3 days and i have some questions that i could not find answers to.

1. When charging is it normal for the screen light to be kept on? As i plug in the charger the clock appears and even if i press the lock button the light is still on.
    Yes this is normal, it's meant as a feature so you can use the phone as a bedside clock.

2. How can i turn off the spell check/help when i am typing in landscape mode?( the QWERTY keyboard )?
    Nope, you can just turn it off entirely, under options, spellcheck, but when its off it's off for landscape AND portrait

3. What's the deal with youtube? I have read that there's an application but do i have to crack my berry before i can install it,as i suppose that the application is 3rd party?

That's all i can think of now, thanks in advance for your answers
    Yes there are several good 3rd party apps, BUT it's also possible to just optimize your browser, and youtube to feed you the good videos. This thread explains....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/op...get-hq-440838/
    06-14-10 10:22 AM
    So far the fastest is going to m.youtube.com and optimizing it. Some of the other apps seems to lag quite a bit here and there so I gave up on those.
    06-14-10 10:26 AM
    thanks for your replies, but i believe i have failed to explain no.2

What i want my bb to stop doing is to correct or predict words as i write them, for example when i write "ineficie" (for inefficient) i don't want that little window above the text to be displayed.
    06-14-10 11:19 AM
    06-14-10 11:33 AM
    thanks for your replies, but i believe i have failed to explain no.2

What i want my bb to stop doing is to correct or predict words as i write them, for example when i write "ineficie" (for inefficient) i don't want that little window above the text to be displayed.

2. The spell check options are under Options (the wrench icon) then go to Screen/Keyboard (make sure you are holding the phone in landscape mode when you do this) and you can adjust the auto correction/word completion options there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    There is your answer, any options for configuring that will be found there. As also mentioned, there's no way to turn it off for JUST the landscape keyboard though.

As far as your "do I have to crack my blackberry before I install it?" question, that answer to that will always be "NO". There are some apps that are carrier specific, but there's no apps that require you to first perform any crack or anything like that. (At least to the best of my knowledge).
    06-14-10 11:53 AM
    I think you may be looking for the Input Style option it can be found in the Options (the wrench) then got to Language and Text Input then scroll down to Input Style. Hope this helps
    06-14-10 11:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD