Hi everyone.

I'm a Blackberry virgin. Just got my new Storm 9530. I have a couple of problems and the tech at Verizon I talked to sent me here!! He said you guys know more than they do.

I cannot get online with my BB Storm. I click the browser button, type in my web address and there is no "GO" button on my keypad. What is up?

Secondly, I have no freakin' clue how to download something on my phone. I would like a couple of cool apps for fun.

So, if any of you guys could help an old man who smoked way too much in college and can't quite grasp this Storm, I would appreciate it.

Dan
    03-13-09 11:10 AM
    ARE you serious they sent you here. They should get fired, for not knowing basic knowledge of the phone

EDIT: You have the data plan correct?
    03-13-09 11:11 AM
    Hi Dan,
    Older software versions do not have the "Go" button on the keypad. On the bottom right there should be an "Enter" symbol similar to the one on a normal keyboard (i.e. laptop, desktop, etc.) To download something from your phone you need to find an OTA link for the app. Check the 3rd party apps forum from your blackberry. There are plenty of OTA links there. Enjoy your Storm.
    03-13-09 11:12 AM
    I have a couple of problems and the tech at Verizon I talked to sent me here!! He said you guys know more than they do.

Seriously? haha well that is true.
    03-13-09 11:14 AM
    Sounds like you should check out the 101 lecture series. It's great for newbies and will answer most newbie questions. If you still have trouble let us know.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/blac...lecture+series
    03-13-09 11:15 AM
    Hi everyone.

I'm a Blackberry virgin. Just got my new Storm 9530. I have a couple of problems and the tech at Verizon I talked to sent me here!! He said you guys know more than they do.

I cannot get online with my BB Storm. I click the browser button, type in my web address and there is no "GO" button on my keypad. What is up?

Secondly, I have no freakin' clue how to download something on my phone. I would like a couple of cool apps for fun.

So, if any of you guys could help an old man who smoked way too much in college and can't quite grasp this Storm, I would appreciate it.

Dan
    There is no "go" button because you are probably still running factory .75 OS.
    Im no expert and I am sure someone will correct me, but try resending your service books, that should take care of your browser issue. To do that go to Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table highlight DONT CLICK any of the things in there, press the BB button and hit register now. I believe this will take care of your browser isssue.
    When you get your browser working, just go to wap.crackberry.com and go into the storm forums and go to 3rd partyapps and there is a bunch of OTA links in there for you to download stuff.
    03-13-09 11:16 AM
    i have told every verizon tech i have talked with about crackberry. even had a couple log on to CB while i was on the phone with them.

hey guys, Its good to be king...
    03-13-09 11:25 AM
    Thanks. I just looked at what you posted.

When I go to Host Routing Table, there are about 50 lines. Which do I highlight?

Told you I'm a noob.

I swear that the Verizon guy told me to come here.
    03-13-09 11:25 AM
    Haha, The CB Nation is better than the techs
    03-13-09 11:27 AM

When I go to Host Routing Table, there are about 50 lines. Which do I highlight?
    No big deal, this is where I learned everything too. I consider CB users to be Extremely Helpful Smart Asses.
    Anyway, I usually just pick any one of them. I think the top one is always in bold, and I'm not sure what that means so I usually just pick the second or third one, I don't think it matters.
    03-13-09 11:28 AM
    I think he has his browser and does not need service books, he just does not know how to hit enter once he types the web link. The proper answer is the second post after his from Azeretis.
    03-13-09 11:32 AM

Told you I'm a noob.

Any of them. When you select register now it registers all of them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-09 11:40 AM
    My suggestion is to go back to the VzW store where you bought your Storm, the sales rep can walk you through on how to use the device. Mine did. After all, he is making a commission on your sale. If he or she cannot or would not teach you, you can threaten to return the phone. That will get his or her attention as the commission money is going away. or better yet, ask to see the Store Manager.

After your crash course at the store, you can come and visit CB every day for information and tips & tricks.

Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-09 11:45 AM

Told you I'm a noob.

Don't highlight anything. Hit your BB button. Hit its the one with a bunch of "dots" in the configuration of a "BB". More hint -- its right next to your green telephone button.

This will open a menu. Now follow the instructions that you were reading.
    03-13-09 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD