hi i was running .75 on my storm . yesterday i saw the new os leak and read some of people who already had it installed and saying there wasnt any problems with it apart from .85 that was terrible for me . after installling .86 it gave me the media card error with the verizon logo after a couple of battery pulls i finally got it to work but realized that on the video or music player the status bar wasnt moving at all and my battery life drained incredibly FAST!!. so i went back to my os .75 and my battery is still draining as fast as .85 . i didnt have this problem till i did the upgraded os does anyone have any IDEA on how i can fix this problem?
    01-13-09 10:53 AM
    Not sure if the battery drain is OS related, most likely it is App. related, make sure you fully exit out of your apps. when not in use.
    01-13-09 10:56 AM
    batt drain could be OS related AFAIK... try a full charge before using again.

Did you wipe either times (when upgrading/downgrading)?
    01-13-09 11:01 AM
    thats why i only install official updates on my phone
    01-13-09 11:05 AM
    One idea for you: Go to Options-Advanced Options-GPS and set GPS Services to E911 Only.
    01-13-09 11:06 AM
    Also, if you didnt already, make sure your mobile network is set to 1XEV instead of the default GLOBAL
    01-13-09 11:07 AM
    i always have gps on 911 and global not on ev red but i fully charged it last night went to bed when i wake up the phone is off and battery is completely dead.......
    01-13-09 11:20 AM
    also i always exit my applications the proper way not to have it running while the phone is idle
    01-13-09 11:23 AM
    The first thing I think of here when listening to your battery problem is either a faulty charger or maybe a cell or two in the battery shorted and is no longer working.

Since you didn't say how much shorter the life of the battery was over .75, its hard to tell for sure, but there have been multiple people that have had bad charging units that VZW swapped out for them and just as many with bad batteries.

Try that out first. Just call you local store and see if they will swap them out for you.

PS: Total side note here... Why on earth would you want to start disabling everything the Storm does? If anything crack and buy the extended batteries they have available now or a few extra chargers - one for home, one for work, one for the car. What's the point in having a phone that does it all if you don't use any of the features?
    Last edited by zcarman; 01-13-09 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Added PS
    01-13-09 11:32 AM
    the battery was draining as if you were using the browser while youtube was on , video playback and a phone call all together lol that fast!!!! i mean i couldnt believe how fast the charge was lasting me. I honestly regret doing the OS upgrade. now im gonna see if it goes away if not im going to have to go to a verizon store.
    01-13-09 11:55 AM
    Also, if you didnt already, make sure your mobile network is set to 1XEV instead of the default GLOBAL
    FYI... when I do this to _my_ phone it no longer makes or receives calls?!?
    01-13-09 12:24 PM
    mine works fine when on 1XEV... 100% of the time...it just stops the phone from searching for GSM bands and other networks, I believe...

So as long as you're on a CDMA band here in the US, there's no reason your phone should stop receiving calls...
    01-13-09 12:28 PM
    01-13-09 02:02 PM
    i always have gps on 911 and global not on ev red but i fully charged it last night went to bed when i wake up the phone is off and battery is completely dead.......
    why global? Prolly might wanna try 1XEV and see how that works. What 3rd party apps are you running? Any messengers set to sign in automatically?
    01-13-09 02:04 PM
    Also check your backlighting. I noticed several people in my firm had their backlight reset to 100 and auto dim reset to off. This cost a bit of battery life. Also try charging with phone completely off.
    01-13-09 02:10 PM
    same happen to me.
    01-14-09 01:05 PM
    I had the battery draining problems with .85, did a complete wipe and reinstalled .85 and removed some programs running in the background and the problem was gone. I just got back from vacation and installing .86 as we speak now and hopefully don't have this problem.
    01-14-09 02:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD