For those techies out there... I put some ripped movies in mp4 format on a Storm and when I play them, there are just green and white lines on the screen and some audio. Does anyone know what could be wrong with it? It's happening on 3 movies. The only mp4 movie that works is the one that I downloaded via Limewire. Thanks in advance.
    11-25-08 03:30 PM
    For those techies out there... I put some ripped movies in mp4 format on a Storm and when I play them, there are just green and white lines on the screen and some audio. Does anyone know what could be wrong with it? It's happening on 3 movies. The only mp4 movie that works is the one that I downloaded via Limewire. Thanks in advance.
    What do you use to convert them?
    11-25-08 03:34 PM
    Handbrake works perfect!!! Just select .mp4 and adjust the screen size to 480 x 360(or as close as you can get) and you're good to go.
    11-25-08 03:44 PM
    What do you use to convert them?
    Handbrake on a Macbook Pro. I can view them perfectly on the computer but they don't translate onto the Storm.
    11-25-08 03:44 PM
    Why not just convert to .avi? works perfect for me. Also, if you want to convert try out VisualHub (Mac)

Last edited by HaZe_X; 11-25-08 at 03:49 PM.
    11-25-08 03:46 PM
    Also (I could be wrong) but I think you have to use a special codec, as this happened to me too when I used the wrong one, even though it was mp4. I use xilisoft and it seems to work well.
    11-25-08 03:47 PM
    If you are using Handbrake, choose iPhone as the preset. Choose no crop. If the movie is in 4:3 format, just leave the settings how they are. If it's in widescreen, I like to use loose anamorphic. I've already made 6-8 movies that work on my Storm.
    11-25-08 03:49 PM
    Thanks for the info guys. I'll try it tonight.
    Last edited by DuLac; 11-25-08 at 04:11 PM.
    11-25-08 04:06 PM
    I'm too lazy to search for it but, there's a thread on here and it shows you how do convert to mp4 with great settings. I used the settings and all I can say is DAMN! came out great.
    11-25-08 04:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD